I am disappointed in the response I got from the people at Brute. Let's be honest it is a nice achievement for your kid if he/she places here, but if you win one match (or less) you are all-american. It is a bit of a joke compared to the Crown series or Roller series. Our club does not use this as rankings as "National placer" (because it is not the level of competition most nationals bring). Kansas state brackets are harder than most these "national" brackets. Now with this in mind, I wanted to enter my 8th grader in the sophmore division and was told no. My goal for him was never to be the best youth wrestler in the nation all these years, but to prepare him for high school wrestling. What better way to get some high school level matches prior to entering high school than here. Really, you can't wrestle up in grade? Is it unfair to the older kids? We have set ourselves at the disadvantage if anyone has. The majority of the kids he will wrestle next year will not be his grade, so why couldn't he have the opportunity to see what level he needs to be at next year vs. upper classmen?
Mike Chandler
Shawnee Mission,KS

Last edited by Takedown Machine; 02/21/12 09:40 PM.