Now Jimmy if you would be open to more view points other than just your own, you made my point for me. A kid who has never placed at state won Brute. Nice singlet, nice accomplishment but not really the measurement of Tulsa or say Liberty this weekend. I hope you plan on attending Liberty Nationals Saturday. You will see a national bracket. Take the trip to Tulsa. Then ask your child (they are on the mats) he will tell you the level wrestling at Brute is not of the others. Can't fool the kids they recognize which tournaments are the top top. When state champs don't get seeded because they can go 0-2 as well, that is the best in the nation. Now Brute can not control this, they simply take the kids who register. It is what it is though, a spade is a spade. And I say it is not the level of the other National series.I understand the 20% advantage, but if we are looking to throw numbers out a kid who has been held back twice in theory would have a 200% advantage by grade. That is why wrestling is settled on the mat and not with math.
Now I never said I had a future olympian. I never stated he wanted to wrestle up for the competition (the following posts assumed that). He wants the high school level experience prior to wrestling high school (EXPERIENCE not COMPETITION). Now if trying to look into what a child wants and asking for an explanation or thoughts why we couldn't (which I have yet to see posted, just put downs)makes me a bad coach... than I guess I am. We need more bad coaches that will push/ and support a child's requests. That is why we are in youth sports I would hope is for the kids. Again, why couldn't a kid wrestle up in grade? Not inquiring about wrestling and whipping on kids younger or grade below. That I understand. IF IT IS THE CHILD'S DESIRE to wrestle up why couldn't he...other than rules say. I understand that. What is the thought process behind the rule?
Thanks, and I look forward to more "your a horrible coach" comments. FYI, I have 3 polo pullovers that they want coach's to wear in the finals. A red one, a blue one, and a white one. So I am not ignorantly commenting on Brute. We have wrestled it and I have coached 3 different kids in the finals and not a one of those 3 kids managed to place at Tulsa or Liberty.

Last edited by Takedown Machine; 02/26/12 12:27 PM.