Here are the ups and down's I have with all 3 of the tournaments during this weekend:

Brute-For high school the competition is pretty tough and competititve. I think for the younger guys the competitition is not as tough, but for some kids it gives them an opportunity to see out of state kids and get some recognition and experience with that level. I think Brute is very pricey and I don't like how they wrestle Friday and then have you come back to wrestle finals on Sunday. It waste's time and money and I feel that is why they will never get the best competition there.

Reno-very top notch, but not as full of brackets. It is not as big as Tulsa, but Roller does a great job of selling it with more of a points value. It is a costly trip, but for a true hardcore wrestler or someone seeking a triple crown or chasing points for rankings (as it is a required event) then it is a good tournament. It also does not have as many kids entered as it once did. Many brackets have 12-20 kids in them.

Folkstyle Nationals-This is a short drive up to Iowa (about 5 hours for me). The competition is comparable to kickoff, but not quite as tough as Tulsa in all weights. The price is good and it is a USA Wrestling Event. It is wrestled in the UNIdome which will make any kid feel awesome to wrestle with 26 mats on a football field. The high school division is very competititve as is the kids division. It is the first leg in the triple crown for USA Wrestling.

I will say for Price, recognition, experience Folkstyle Nationals is my favorite. To all-american there you have to be a pretty tough cookie. The experience of the dome is bar none the most exciting. The kids will never be intimidated by a big facility after they experience it once. With the cost of coaches bands at Brute, which are rediculous, it is just as cheap for me to stay at the Super 8 in Waterloo and get better competition and a better overall experience that is held in 2 consecutive days.