I believe that Watkins is well placed were he is. The fact that he even made the all class rankings at all is a testament to the spectacular finish that he had at state. You should be proud of where he is.

As Chief already pointed out when comparing only two kids, head to head is easy to go to. But when you have ten kids to analyze, you have to look at the overall picture, the whole year, the body of work, etc. and you certainly can't just say if A beat B and B beat C then A can beat C.

So with that in mind and considering the fact that I have no dog in the show, here is my assessment:
You can't put Watkins ahead of Hughey because Hughey was 2nd.
You can't put Hughey ahead of Heincker because Heincker beat Hughey at Rosehill so you can't put Watkins ahead of Heincker.
Humphrey beat Heincker so you can't put Watkins ahead of Humphrey.
Hughes has beaten Humphrey and Heincker so you can't put Watkins ahead of Hughes. I know, that's where you struggle.
But even though Watkins beat Hughes at state, a great accomplishment I should say, it is very difficult to justify putting him ahead of Hughes in the all class rankings.

The same reasoning applies to the Millsap comparison but Chief just kind of explained that. I do agree that at this point in the year, what happened last year in FS/GR should not be considered. I also wouldn't say that Watkin's did not beat Millsap at Basehor or the win somehow does not count, that is clearly an insult to Watkins. The win over Millsap does count, just not enough at the end of the year to rank Watkins ahead of Millsap, particularly since Millsap won a state bracket that contained Humphrey and Heincker. And I already explained why Watkins cannot be ahead of them.

As I said, Watkins is well placed where he is.
He is 1 of the top 10 kids in the state at a tough weight and as a freshman.
His ranking is a testament to the great season that he has had and we should all be proud of him.