I really believe issues of faith are private, and I believe like a previous poster that it doesn't belong on here, but you brought it up so... First, I believe we now live in the 20th Century. We let them vote, they can join the army, run major corporations and even be nominated for the position of Vice President. Just think of that a woman, who as a child was not tough enough for an 11 year old boy to wrestle, could of been in the position to assume the post of President of the United States of America. I bet a lot of people who are supporting the idea that this kid should not wrestle the girl voted for the MaCain/Palin ticket. If she would not of been tough enough to wrestle a boy when she was younger, would we really want her making the decision on pushing the 'button' when she is an adult!!!! Remember wrestling is probably the greatest sport to prepare someone for life. Don’t they quote Gable as saying after wrestling, everything is easy. So are we going to deny this girl that opportunity???

Second, if you call it respect, think of the DISRESPECT you are showing her parents. The reasoning is 'he can't wrestle her for moral reasons'. Does the inverse stand true, that the parents made an immoral decision by letting her wrestle boys!!!! You are really kind of saying that.

Third, So, I wonder, when he grows up will he be able to handle having a woman boss?? I have had a few, and just like men, some are great and some I am glad they are gone.

Fourth, wrestling is the hardest sport to train for per a previous post on this forum, this girl works her butt off in practice I am sure. How can you not treat her like just another worthy opponent. Even assuming your son wins (which without even knowing the kids, I bet is correct) it will make the girl a better person having gone thru the adverstiy. As an adult she will face much more difficult situations, her parents are just trying to prepare her for such.

Finally, as a good, non-Obama supporting (reminds me of Bush), Democrat, I believe we all have the right to our own opinions. I believe you and your son should do what you think is right. But, remember, that part of the Bible that talks about praying in the closet. Deeds speak for themselves, if you really believe in what you are doing, you don't need my, or anyone else's approval.