Headup I would love to be the president of this event. Not sure how to do it with out problems tho. This is one way. There would be a panel. They would not have the right to decide the wrestlers tho. The panel would send a reminder email to all the head high school coaches in kansas on monday morning to remind them that if they forgot to turn in a bio sheet for any of there seniors they need to have them emaied in by 5:00 pm tuesday evening. Then the panel will meet and go over all the entries.

Criteria would be as followed

Big School 6A & 5A
Small School 4A & 3-2-1A

1- All 1st place kids from 6A,5A,4A,and 3-2-1A provided they are seniors will be the first one.

2- If there is a vacant spot on the roster then the 2nd place seniors will be next on the list.

3- If there is still a vacant spot on the roster the 3rd place seniors will be next on the list.

4- If there is still a vacant spot on the roster the 4th place seniors will be next on the list.

5- If there is still a vacant spot on the roster a list of the remaining seniors bio sheets will be sent to every high school coach.
At this time we will need a vote from the coaches on who they want to fill the roster.
There will be a deadline on this and if a coach does not vote they will be contacted and have untill 5:00pm the following day to respond.
After the votes come in the panel will meet with the Head Official from each tournament present and tally the votes and the kids with the most votes will get the spot.
The seniors with the 2nd and 3rd most votes will be invited to come and be on the floor during the event.
This way there should be an alternate present to cover what happened this year.
The panel will post online a list of all coaches and beside there name it will have recieved votes or did not recieve votes. This way the kids can go back and say hey coach why did you not turn in your votes.

6- Then the 2 names for big school go in a hat and the 2 names for small school go in a hat. One name from each hat goes in the 1st match and the other name from the hats is the second match.

And YES if this was the criteria and followed correctly i would not have a leg to stand on this year.

About the only way I see to be bullet proof with out having world war three.

It might not make the most exciting matches at the senior classic tho.

Deffinatly it does not have the best facing the best.

But as i understand it has to go through the KSHSAA Right?

The other way to may be spice it up a bit would be eliminate steps 2,3,4 and go directly to step 5.

Im just trying to get all the coaches involved instead of just a chosen few.

What does every one think?

All opinions and Ideas appreciated.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Last edited by Butch Drylie; 03/27/12 03:30 AM.

Butch Drylie