We are meeting and leaving from the Topeka Capital Plaza Hotel - 1717 SW Topeka Blvd - this Frday 4/13. Come to the Amber Room to check in.

Please be there between 10 and 11 so I can get everyone checked in and hand out the gear. We need to leave no later than noon.

I will have van and room assignment sheets to hand out to each wrestler. I need to keep track of everyone at all times, so there will be no switching vans or rooms.

We will drive to west Omaha and get checked in to our hotel before weigh in.

Fremont is about 30 minutes from our hotel, so we need to leave no later than 4:15 so we can be one of the first states to weigh in.

We MUST weigh in as a team - please be at weight as there is no allowance given. Have any skin forms with you so not to delay your team.

After weigh in, the teams vans will go to USA Steak Buffet to eat - it is $6.00 including drinks.

Wrestling begins at 9:00 Saturday and Sunday mornings. We will leave the hotel both mornings between 7:30 and 7:45.

The hotel knows we all need to eat breakfast between 6:30 and 7:30 so they will have extra help to keep the food stocked.

I will have stuff for turkey and ham sandwiches on Saturday for the wrestlers. I will provide pizza for the wrestlers Saturday night at the hotel. I will have all the water the wrestlers can drink available in coolers. Any sandwich stuff left over will be eaten Sunday. Your wreslter will need money for Friday night and Sunday lunch and dinner meals. The concession prices at this event are VERY reasonable.

In years past, we have finished wrestling by around 4 or 5 on Sunday - we usually get back to Topeka by 8 or 9. You will need to make sure there is someone there to pick up your wrestler.

I will have Team Kansas t-shirts for sale at the hotel and event. They will be $15.00 each or 2 for $25.00.

We will be checking in at the same time as the middle school teams, so it will be a little crowded and chaotic - please be patient.

I'm sure I have forgotten something, so when it comes to me, I will post again.

Dal Eck
dal@matteck.com
316-641-4913