I believe that a lot of kids quit when they get older is for the same reason most sports end up losing kids in older ages , they picked one or two sports to focus on. NOT all kids quit wrestling do to weight or all the other reasons.

We need to quit dwelling on the bad and start building on the good.If we keep saying all the bad, then thats will be just another excuse for people.

Not saying we shouldn't work on our weekneses just build on our strengths.

I switched clubs this year and with the switch I quit hearing the negative and started hearing all the positive things my son does. And you can tell the difference in his attitude in practice.

Keep our children having fun. Our head coach is the best head coach in the state. Through out the year he gave awards( Socks etc.)
And he got the kids together in the middle of the mat and told the bad and he told the good. The good always out weighed the bad.

Make sure when you pick a club that has a great leader without a great leader you will fail.ALWAYS

I feel our club has a great leader and in turn he has alot of great coaches that follow. They make it fun, if it wasn't a little fun the room would be empty

Last edited by jerry davis; 05/30/12 01:15 AM.