Originally Posted By: doug747
I would prefer that the ref stop it, so we can continue the match. I know it isn't what you're saying, but noone wants to win a match that way. THey want to wrestle. And they can't wrestle if they ain't conscious........

The only way a ref can really see what is going on is to get down not only on all fours,but with his face near the mat, lookin UP into the throat/neck area. It is very easy to hide if a ref isn't looking for it.

In a match with two refs, it should be much easier to police....

And the front headlock is a very potent weapon, without this type of pressure on the carotid artery or throat. We drill it EVERY night at practice. Head in the hole and butt drag. Plenty of other ways to score also, WITHOUT putting your opponent under.......

I agree...no one want to win that way. But if the refs would make the correct call it might stop people from pulling this kind of BS in the future. Any good wrestler knows when he is restricting blood/air flow. This was done intentionally as a cheap way to beat a good kid. The offending wrestler should have lost the match, and the official is responsible for knowing the rule.

Dylan Campbell
Oakley, KS
dylan.cia@hotmail.com