I wanted to recognize Anthony Capul for being an OUTSTANDING wrestler at Tulsa Nationals this weekend. An outstanding wrestler isn't always the wrestler that pins everyone in his bracket in the least amount of time! I don't know Anthony from Adam. I did however watch many of his matches this weekend and noticed he sat right behind me in the stands. I watched Anthony outwrestling his opponent get caught & lose his match. This would have caused an explosion from most wrestlers but not Anthony! He acted no different than he acted on the matches before when he dominated his opponent. Not only did he maintain the image of a true champion on the mat but made his way back to the stands, placed his headphones back to their pre match position and focused on his next match. NO TEARS & NO EXCUSES! Anthony was a great example for the young Kansas wrestlers that I brought to Tulsa Nationals this year. Too many times we forget that these young men are supposed to learn LIFE lessons from sports! In this case maybe the OUTSTANDING WRESTLER didn't bring home the National Title but in my opinion he got something much more valuable from his time on the mat. I only found out when I got home that Anthony was the 2012 Tulsa Nationals Champoin & looking to repeat in 2013 which made the way he handled the loss even more amazing. Sorry to say I don't know how Anthony ended up in the tournament. I can say I am very optomistic about how Anthony will end up in life. I coach kids in hopes of creating young men like Anthony! Again I want to say I don't know Anthony & he doesn't know me but I will be looking for him at the STATE Tournament to shake his hand. Good Luck with the rest of your season Anthony!
Chris Misener
Parsons Wrestling Club