Here is what I have observed in our club and info gathered from talking with other coaches and club directors....
1. We are not losing 14U participants because they have high school kids in their weight classes now.
2. I think we would have less young high schoolers wrestling in the kids state series and thus practicing by forcing them to wrestle a high school division.

Now down to the brass tacts....last year there were 15 kids that met the criteria and had to make a choice to wrestle 14U or high school. So we are going to change a bylaw for 15 kids.....really?
I know, that is 15 7th or 8th graders that could have gone to state in their place. Well life is hard. They haven't gotten that kind of pampering before and they aren't going to get it ever again. This is starting to sound a lot like everyone gets a medal mentality to me.

I will concede that most clubs don't practice as much as high school teams. However, when people constantly argue on here about rules that limit kids from opportunities that expose them to tougher competition..... Such as not being able to go to the Cliff Keen KickOff when wrestling in Middle School, HS teams having travel limits, etc and now they get on here and want to emplaced limits in order to water down competition I don't get it.
Kids in club wrestling have waaaay more opportunities to pursue tough competition, individual training sessions, etc than high schoolers. That is a fact. Now some don't take advantage of it, others can't afford it, etc. those are all irrelevant arguments from an organizational perspective. From an organizational perspective the opportunities exist and you have the choice to take advantage of them.

Bottom line is that we are talking about changing a bylaw for an extreme minority of the kids wrestling population. This does not make sense to me.