Will I understand your perspective but I do not see how this bylaw change will improve Kansas wrestling. You have shown no linkage or evidence as to how freshman wrestling in 14U makes Kansas worse in wrestling.

The argument that other states don't do it doesn't fly. There are too many other reasons that contribute to why some states are better than KS and why KS is better than a lot of other state.

Your quote: One thing is certain. Without change there can be no improvement and Kansas needs to improve.

In general terms you correct....without change there can be no improvement. The trick is showing how a change will cause improvement. You have not done that with the case of 5 high school wrestlers wrestling in the 14U kids state. Heck, I would argue it helps us improve. The 8th graders that they have to wrestle know that they have to spend their season prepping to wrestle high school kids potentially. I know it motivated a lot of our 8th graders to put in extra work.

"Kansas needs improvement"- Really, based on what? What kind of improvement? Define the end state you see or the conditions of wrestling in KS that would cause you, Chief, etc to say....Man, we made it. As a state we have achieved our goal.

If there is no goal, end state, or vision set forth then it is impossible to establish programs and define success of those programs.

So far all I see is that we must suck because we let 5-15 freshman wrestle for 3 weeks in the 14U kids state series. If we change this bylaw then KS wrestling will be improved and successful. I absolutely do not see the linkage to this and being successful as a state.

Shawn Budke