Tom summed up the list of folks that helped put this trip together very well. I would like to also express my thanks to all the folks that helped out. None of this could be possible without everyone pitching in.

I would like to personally thank Tom Williams for all the time and effort he puts into this. His kids are in college and yet he puts an incredible amount of his own time and resources into this so our kids have this wonderful opportunity. If you see him out and about please thank him.

I would also like to thank the parents and the kids for allowing my son and I this awesome opportunity to work with these wrestlers! It is a true honor and pleasure!

Thank you to all the coaches and volunteers who work with these fine young men on a daily basis to make them such great wrestlers and competitors. If it wasn't for the long hours, the blood, the sweat, and the tears shed in the practice rooms during the year, we would not have accomplished such high finishes.

A huge thanks to Will Cokeley and Matt Treaster for pushing to get 2 teams this year. This was the first time we took two teams and it was awesome. We were able to provide this wonderful trip and opportunity to 17 kids that would not have gotten the chance to participate in years passed. Our goal for next year is to take two full teams. Many said we couldn't do it but we took enough kids to have almost a full second team this year.

The kids on the silver team battled and gained a lot of valuable experience. Many wrestled up a weight so we wouldn't have to forfeit weights. They accomplished a great feat by finishing in the top 16 in Greco. This is quite an accomplishment considering we were forfeiting 3-4 weights each dual.

So as we put a bow on this year I start to anxiously look forwards to next year. Parents, start planning now and help us achieve the goal of taking two full teams! This is one of the best experiences your wrestler will ever have!

Thanks again to everyone. I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of this!

Shawn Budke

Last edited by shawnbudke; 06/11/13 01:54 AM. Reason: Can't spell