Originally Posted By: robtower
At the Shawnee Mission South tournament this weekend a STA wrestler had a dedicated caddy or nanny the entire day. This older woman holding his headgear between matches, following him everywhere he went. Picking up all his clothing and warmups as he threw them just out of reach to the floor. Straightening his singlet before each match. Trading her the beats headphones for the headgear when it was time to wrestle. Yes she did stay matside and wait to hand him his clothing one piece at time to dress after each match.

First of all, I'm not the nanny Mom described above!

I do take pics at matside during the finals but I try to sit at the matside so I don't obstruct others view.

I agree with parents needing to stay in the stands. But I also want to point out all the extra coaches, who stand around the mats having conversations all day. For those of us who are trying to stay in the stands and watch or video, we get lots of videos of your backsides obstructing the view of our kids wrestling. In general, if you are standing around a mat (coaches, parents) you are probably obstructing someones view of the action.

Sharon Henes
STA Wrestling - President Emeritus!