I couldn't post on the site earlier because I was not a member and had to register but I have been reading all of the posts on here about Jeff. I have been a good friend of Jeff Giles and his entire family since grade school. Jeff and I were close in high school and college and he was one of the best guys I have ever known and a great athlete who had the highest integrity and sportsmanship. Even back then he would always be giving us little pieces of advice like he knew something we all had not caught on to yet. It has been several years since I have seen him but he always had a smile. In high school he had his ornery side but always in a fun way and we got into lots of fun and mishaps. Him coming to Minneapolis and meeting his wife, Dina, was one of the best things to happen for him. I know he loved coaching and the community and his family and students. I think he came out there because of our high school coach, Coach Crockett. I know he was a pillar of the community in Minneapolis and the overall wrestling community in KS and such a role model. I live in Indianapolis now but there is no way I would not make it out to see him off for his funeral to his final home. I will miss my friend and brother very much.

Just wanted to share.