Thank you Chief for getting this topic back on track.

While some of the debate has been intriguing, I have begun to wonder why so many people waste their time on this forum debating righteousness when instead, they could be wasting their time running for the state legislature where they can debate righteousness all day long and then use their moral authority to apply laws to everyone in Kansas. That would at least save me the time of cleaning up all of the indignant remarks that I have seen in the last few days. I have moderated this forum for about 12 years and these past few days have seen the largest amount of requests ever to review posts, and in most cases, rightfully so.

Our wrestling community is better than this.

I am not sure why a debate over a first round match has brought out the worst in some very respected posters on this forum. It is not some new mystery that the arch diocese of KCK prohibits boys from wrestling girls, every parent and wrestler under their leadership should recognize that this is not some capricious rule that suddenly came about this week. It was always the possibility that this scenario would play itself out at the state tournament someday. Having worked in both a private school and a public school, I know two things: the private school belonged to the Bishop who could trump anything I did and the public school belongs to the Board who can trump anything I do.

Bill DeWitt
Wrestling Fan