Original order for singlet’s, shirts, hoody, and bags was placed on November 18th it was the February 13th before everything was received. Everything shipped separately and at very different times. They made and shipped the wrong singlet’s the 1st time. Size chart and actual product are different and I had several issues when they arrived, if they will give samples that would be a wise choice. Had a couple bags that were not sown well. Biggest thing was once they received our $7,000 communication went downhill quickly. Many emails requesting status of order went unanswered and it finally took an email to the owner to get some action and then it was good for a couple weeks then it died off again and then another owner email was required. They really do have a good product overall I just think their priority is not small clubs in KS, it’s collegiate, Olympic or local OH clubs that is the priority. Only compensation was we got to keep the wrong singlet’s, which is great but I don’t think that is much given how much suck was involved with trying to chase down the kids gear over a 3 month process, the season was 1 week from over for some of the Novice kids before it got here.

This is just my experience but like I said before we will NOT use them again.