Originally Posted By: fan of the sport
Willy,

On Track Wrestling, the Bye's take care of themselves. Takes about 1 minute to work through. Just on a side note. Im undefeated in my life against the BYE family, and that includes wins in other sports.

Willy take my "Pig Tail" proposal. Say you have 11 wrestlers in each weight class. Thats 3 matches in the pigtail round per weight or 42 matches. Takes about an hour for the whole round. When you're done, you have a full 8 man bracket. Easily done in a day. Tough on the 3 kids that go home early, but they're the ones that most likely wouldnt advance anyway.

Thanks. I think that is what I have done in 4,5, 6 ++ previous posts. Are you talking 8 or 16 bracket structure. I Do not open round byes transfer to the backside, especially in a 16 bracket structure. Just looked through the TRACKWRESTLING Bracket examples. Cant find a good bracket example that deals with an 8 bracket tournament with 9 10, 11 or 12 wrestlers in a weight class. My proposal has always been to pigtail the over 8 wrestlers, with the pigtail losers eliminated. Those one match eliminations will reduce the weight class to an 8 bracket weight class.
Several folks object to the one and done.

Don't understand your the Bye's take care of themselves,or "the round per weight or 42 matches." I ran out of fingers to count on, can't hardly reach my toes anymore.

Bill Mason Lansing