Good Grief, Simmer down fella's.
Listen to Smokey Cabin. We have approximately 100 middle school age kids wrestling in the SMSD right now. Most of which are first time wrestlers. If some of these kids didn't have the opportunity to wrestle in middle school they may not even go out in high school. Some of these kids may or may not ever help their high school team, but at least they have been given the opportunity to participate in the worlds greatest sport.
The SMSD has either never had middle school athletics, or have not had them in several years. Last Spring they decided to start them up for the '14-'15 school year. They are starting with wrestling and cross country in the fall,BB in the winter, and volleyball in the spring. They are planning on adding sports as part of the long term plan. As for wresting, currently it is a 7 week season(Aug. 18-Oct. 3). We dual the other four middle schools and have a dual format District Tournament. It is a work in progress and nothing is set in stone. After the season I'm sure the coaches will get together and discuss how things went and suggest changes. I know I have been making a list. As for now we have wrestling in the SMSD middle schools and we are working hard to get a little better everyday. I want to thank the officials that we have had for the Trailridge duals. Bob Ford and Angelo Giacalone. They have done a fantastic job working with the kids and helping them work through the learning curve. Also, Sean McCarthy thank you for your positive input.

Jeff Tummons
Trailridge Middle School Wrestling
Building The Foundation
Preparing Like Champions