My name is Chris Gardner. This is very well could be my first and last post on this forum. I do enjoy the sport of wrestling having wrestled in HS and coached some in both MS and HS. I also enjoy reading this forum, but am not near knowledgable enough to throw out many opinions on it. I make this post in regards to the post involving Coach Sims and the match at the Eagle Invite. I have not watched the video, but do have access to it and haven't had a chance to see it yet. So, I am not going to address what happened. I am going to address the post attacking the character of Coach Sims. If you post on a public forum about a situation and judge how that situation was handled by those involved, then you have an agenda.... Your agenda was to question the character of an athlete, coach, and referee in a given situation. You were not involved in the situation, and from what I can tell, you might not have seen the situation live, but saw a video of it? IDK.
I can tell you from working with Coach Sims and the other coaches on his staff, and coaching that athlete in another sport, that questioning his and their character, and how they should have reacted in this instance on public forum might have been over the top. You can have your opinion on what you saw, (live or on video) and how you might have handled it. But to be so exact on how it should have been handled and this is what should have been done, and by that not happening Coach Sims doesn't hold athletes accountable etc... You couldn't be farther from the truth. In my opinion, Your "hope" that this is just an isolated incident further shows that you do have an agenda. You were a spectator at an athletic event. Enjoy your time. Root for your team.
It is a great tournament, and I hope that you had a good enough time to come back next year.
As far as the character and mentorship that Coach Sims and his staff have in the Eagle wrestling program... I can say that I would hold it in high regard. I have been around it for 8 years.
JMO.