Im still amazed Kansas is doing morning weigh-ins on duals. Are there any other states still doing this? I remember my days of morning weigh-ins in Kansas. You cut big weight, then weigh in the morning, then you gorge and end up being 6-7lbs heavier at match time. I think it promotes bigger cuts, but wrestlers are fresher at match time.

My son wrestles in Indiana and we do weigh ins one hour before duals and one to two hours before tournaments with the referee on site. This adds another question: Who is doing the skin checks? Are the referee's making the kids strip prior to the match or is the AD checking? I think its a better situation for the refs to do skin checks rather than ADs. Referees at least have a little training. I can also see some cheating on this by ADS.

Which also brings up another point. I remember a prominent Kansas wrestling program 20 years ago that got busted cheating with their AD weighing their team in? So yes more cheating opportunities are available. Dont say it cant happen.

Also you have the variability in scales. How many schools have that light scale even though certified. Its only fair if the kids weigh in the same scale?

How does Kansas get away with morning weigh ins for duals or even offsite weigh ins?

"If pro is the opposite on con, then the opposite of progress is congress"