Originally Posted By: Beeson
Well said Will. I am concerned with the amount wrestlers who sit on a lead instead of putting the nail in the coffin and pouring it on. Several of the Oklahoma State Duals I have been to this year have shown me it is not just a High School problem. Why would a wrestler sit on a lead and keep his opponent in the match when they could really pour it on and win convincingly? Wrestlers, Dominate your opponenent. Don't be happy with a 1 or 2 point win.

As Will said, Good luck to all wrestlers this weekend. It's easier to be lucky when you are working hard.

I haven't spent any time on the national collegiate forums for several years but the east coast fans used to refer to that type of wrestling as "Oklahoma" style. I question if the riding clock isn't somewhat to blame.
How about a scoring system that rewarded aggressive wrestling by awarding more team points for wins that are achieved further into the front side of a bracket, by major, superior, or falls? It would seem that a fall in the finals should be worth more team points than one that occurs in the first match. Not sure how complicated this would make keeping team scores.