Hey KStater, I cant believe I am on the forum talking about this, I don't have a dog in the race.
But I am guessing you are talking about the Hoxie boy that lost that match. I and about 3,000 other people that saw that match agree with you 100% That was one of the worst moments I have witnessed in this great sport.

Where you are wrong is that is not what happened on Friday. The kid was hurt, the coach did not tell him to flop. I am very sure about both.
Anybody in the gym on Friday that saw the young man helped off the mat after about 5 minutes on his back knew that there was no way he could continue within the 2 minutes allotted for injury time. And as a long time coach I can think of hundreds of times where a wrestler in my practice room had to take a few minutes after an injury to recover before he could get back on the mat. In a tough room, that might even happen daily. Certainly with the level of competitors in the state quarter finals they would do anything in their power to get back on the mat. And in most cases in our sport most kids will find a way to get back on the mat after a few hours to recover.
Bottom Line: The referee made the right call, both coaching staffs and athletes handled a very tough situation in a very commendable way. Nobody was to blame, stuff happens and everybody involved handled the situation as it should be handled

It’s a great day to be alive