Originally Posted By: doug747
I know a couple of you that posted, but I'm sorry, I'm calling BS. I feel like we have bent over backwards trying to give the HS kids a chance for more mat time, and for the BEST to meet each other in front of a LOT of people. My opinion is that if the HS kids don't take advantage of the Kansas Throwdown idea (Grand State), then we should answer the lack of appreciation by the HS kids, by getting rid of the HS division in the kids series, and moving the 6u in with the current Topeka state tourney. By the way, this is the last thing I really want to happen, because the 6u state, and Elementary State/Duals team qualifiers at Salina is an awesome event. If 6u moves to our state series, I guess we could combine the Elementary and Middle school tourneys for their respective dual team qualifers......

A kid has the right to pass on this opportunity, no doubt, no one is going to hold a gun to their head. But short notice isn't an excuse. What was there to prepare for? If you prepared for state, you are prepared for Throwdown/Grand State. It's on a Sunday, the day after either Classic tourneys and the NAIA tourney. And I'm not pretending to know everyone's schedule with other aspects of their lives. So I think the kids should take advantage of it and be able to say "I showed up to take on the best"....

I'm a little worried about Trowbridge being upset with me, but I don't care if I hack off Miss Jenni, cause I can whip her tail... Maybe........

Doug you ain't gotta worry about upsetting me. I'm not bothered by words on a screen. Its being yelled at I don't like lol. And we are still up in the air on whether we will go or not. Power lifting state is this weekend for the Basehor boys. We will have to see if our schedule will allow it. Though I'll admit the thought of wrestling some of the state champs will make dad nervous. Jon lost many matches and will lose many many more. We'll just have to see what shakes out. Am I over looking the cutoff date or is there one?

Jon Trowbridge
Ive never had the fear of getting beat thats how most people lose.