Originally Posted By: bbd
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Originally Posted By: Chiefs
I wasn't there, so I didn't see them wrestle. However, I am wondering if the highlighted matches below are what made you switch a kid that had been #1 All-Class ALL year to #2 in your final rankings? Maybe he didn't have a good weekend, I don't know. But it doesn't look like a huge difference in scores between the two Kansas kids against common opponents to make that switch. I could argue that there are a couple of other wrestlers at common weights that you could make the similar argument for IF that is the criteria that you are going by.......now. I don't have any affiliation with Rossville or Luellen. I live on the other side of the state. I just find this switch, at this time, very questionably.

It wasn't the common. It was the head to head win by Cale over Isaac.

So when and where does a head to head count, and not count? Tristan Porsch, who finished the season 35-2, defeated Michael Prieto who finished the season 27-3, in their only head to head match up this year.

It's a good question...

Here is how. If it was just the two wrestlers, Porsch and Prieto, then Porsch would be ahead. When you add others, specifically Harper and Wessling, you end up in a different spot. I know Tristan wrestled Wessling several times but lost the last two, including the state final match. Harper beat Wessling but lost 3 times to Prieto. That changed the criteria at 138.

At 182, the one time those guys wrestled was on Sunday. Davidson only lost to two other Kansas kids and avenged both of those losses, including an 8-0 win in the state finals against Smith.

That is my reasoning...

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12