I am not sure if the above post is sarcasm or not but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

But, for those who happen to have that attitude I am at a loss for why that would be.

Most importantly you want to deny all of the benefits of participating in this great sport to over half the population?

I am not sure if you have ever seen the senior level women wrestle or had the opportunity to interact with them, but they are extremely talented, extremely dedicated and hard working, and most importantly unbelievably great people. In my opinion, possibly the best role models a young female athlete could have.

Regardless of your opinions on this matter if only for the most selfish reasons you should be in favor of this. Wrestling needs bodies. More bodies means more sold shoes, headgear, singlets, t-shirts, sports drinks, etc....which in turn brings in more outside companies and their money. More money brings in more sponsors, opportunity, and visibility. All of this together and perhaps you see wrestling on TV instead of another sport you find ridiculous. This also potentially provides more opportunity for the senior level athletes to earn a living while competing, or at least more athletes to do so.

Will starting a girls high school division in Kansas accomplish this? Of course not, but it can contribute if this movement continues across the country.

On a side note, this might be the best possible thing to happen if Kansas ever hopes to have a D1 wrestling program at one of our universities, whether that be in 5, 10, or 50 years.

And no, I don't have a daughter, niece, or any other female relative that wrestles.

Steve Wolf

Last edited by Steve Wolf; 06/14/16 10:26 PM.