Originally Posted By: GregMann
From the outside looking in and having to deal with this damned-if-you-do and damned-if-you-don't situation, I think the call was made too early because if we know anything it is that weather is still very unpredictable that far out. But I also don't know what other factors they had to consider in the decision. Newton rolled the dice by waiting and they were right, this time.

But, seriously, you are willing to have others be responsible putting lives at risk (coming and going) to prove they're not scared of the weather?

Liability is the great, modern day cop out. You can find it as an excuse in EVERY situation. At the end of the day the person who canceled over a weather FORECAST is not doing their job unless it was to create a four day weekend for everyone in the metro area. We have snow removal, salt trucks, and a major highway system that is very well maintained at our disposal.

Riddle me this Greg...

Now let me bring up the dumbest thing ever. Schools cry uncle over liability all of the time. I can get a ticket for not wearing a seat belt in my car equipped with multiple airbags. Little kids, middle sized kids, and big kids, tens of millions, are transported every day w ZERO restraints and ZERO airbags. Make sense out of that scenario all of you superintendents out there enjoying a four day weekend.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com