Issue with seatbelts in buses. . .coming. Then prepare for the added costs of having an adult on buses to ride shotgun to make sure kids are buckled. . .can't expect the bus driver with 40+ kids to make sure; would prefer they keep their eyes forward as much as possible. Secondly, going to need to have someone available to help little kids buckle and unbuckle. . and God Forbid. . .in an accident what a giant mess that would be.

Of course your response is going to be some form of taking personal responsibility for getting kids to and from school. . .which I get but not the world we live in.

Will, I am not speaking for all of my colleagues but I did not enjoy a 4 day weekend. We had school on Friday. We did not go to the Halstead tournament, but that had as much to do with the sickness of our coaches and kids as it did the weather and not wanting to burn points for what we thought was going to be a "partial tournament." We did not call off any other activities and played HS BB on Friday and JH BB on Saturday. Our teacher inservice in Lindsborg on Monday was called off by the host. I spent Monday morning helping install hand rails in our gym, did "supt. work" in the afternoon: and had a meeting from 6 p.m. to about 9:00 p.m. So, sorry to smash your stereotype.

Again, you want to die proving you are a tough guy, go ahead. I prefer to not make that decision for you.

Greg Mann
Manhattan, KS