Originally Posted By: Tom Richard
At 126
Seth Harrell Defeated Justin Amaro 10-0 at Holton
Colton Steele lost to Justin Amaro 5-4 at Garden Plain
Colton Steele Defeated Bryce Younger 13-5

Seth Harrell should be Ranked higher. Four of the top six wrestlers are all in the same regional so it will all wash out, however he deserves a little credit.

Respectfully,
Tom Richard

I did look at that and made some considerations as to moving Harrell up with Steele. That win over Amaro was the reason Harrell had been above Steele the past few weeks.

If Amaro was in 321A then this would be a different discussion and I would have to take a harder look at things probably ranking it as #2 Harrell, #3 Amaro, #4 Steele, and #5 Younger, simply on head-to-head.

However, I also looked at both Steele and Harrell's performace last year in the same weight class at State when assessing the ranking. Steele finished 4th place while Harrell was off of the podium.

Similarly, Harrell doesn't jump Younger or Priddy in my rankings either because of his peformance at State. Both Younger and Priddy were runner-ups last season.

That grouping of Steele-Younger-Priddy-Harrell is very close, but for now Steele jumps ahead on the strength of his win against a tough 321A competitor and past State performance.

As you said it will all shake out at Regionals (and State).