If it looks like a duck, flys like a duck, sounds like a duck - it's probably a duck.

True or False:

So this is not the cooperation the KCWF committee had been hoping for from Mr. Cokeley over the last 5 – 6 years.

Comment below from our Freestyle/Greco Director Fall of 2016 and at the time Vice Chairman of the KCWf

"I will send every quality kid from KS to Iowa for a jr college opportunity."

Reply|
Thu 5/17/2012, 9:21 PM
wcokeley@silgancontainers.com
You forwarded this message on 2/10/2017 6:13 PM

Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 16:09:19 +0000

“If you want me to step off the committee and go on a mission to raise funds for FHSU ONLY then just say so and I will kick your committee’s ass to the curb and show you how to get a fully funded program. I will campaign DIRECTLY against your effort and your $20,000 will turn into chump change. I give WAY more time and money to this sport than 95% of those involved. I am not trying to pick a fight with you Sean.”

Roughly 265 years of butt kicking and loss of their consituents and connections

Vacant – Chairman

Will Cokeley - Vice Chairman (708) 267-6615 – cell, e-mail – willcokeley@gmail.com

Jeff Butler – Secretary (808) 230-1371 – cell, e-mail jrod400@aol.com

Bill Peterman – Wrestling Supporter/Donor (913) 626-4459 – cell, e-mail – billpeterman@hotmail.com - Resigned

Mike Juby - Treasurer (KCWF) USA Wrestling – Kansas Inc. – e-mail – mikejuby@usawks.com)

Wayne Petterson – College Coach – (620) 431-2820 Extension 210 work, e-mail wpetterson@neosho.edu

David Nordhues - College Coach - (O) 785 460 5503 (C) 308 750 2745 - david.nordhues@colbycc.edu

Ryan Smith – College Coach – (316) 617-9025, e-mail smithry@newmanu.edu

Steve Woody – USAWKS – Corporate Board Director (District IV Director) (785) 626-3309, e-mail stripes@ruraltel.net

Travis Keal – Kansas HS Coach Mill Valley, Previous KWCA - President, (913) 645-6050 – cell, e-mail tkeal@att.net

Jeff Butler – (808) 230-1371 – cell, e-mail jrod400@aol.com

Dan Harris - Wrestling supporter/Donor Dan.Harris@bakeru.edu - (913) 522-0978 - Resigned

Leanna Grater - leanngrater@twinvalley.net
Multiple Decades of Service to the Kansas Wrestling Community
Treasurer - USA Wrestling Kansas Kids Executive Council
Phone: (785) 632-1887

Jennifer Edison - Edison6@swbell.net
Multiple Decades of Service to the Kansas Wrestling Community
Secretary – USA Wrestling Corporate Board of Directors
Phone: (316) 721-5122

"TRANSPARENCY Smokey... IS there something you want to accuse us of? You have been bald face lying on other threads, care to take a shot at me on this one too? Keep pushing me and the thread from our text exchange will be published along with the chain of events that led to the dissolving of the KCWF."

I promise The Kansas College Wrestling Fund will reappear without the current Vice Chairman involved and it may have a different name - It may be in a different form. I and other committee members decided to not volunteer working 400 to 500 hours per year (in total 800-1,000 per year or 2 people) raising funds for the Kansas colleges - When the Vice Chairman was sending emails like I will kick the KCWF Committee's ass (12 or 13 members and their constituents) and raise funds solely for Ft Hays ( I can get the exact email and date if you need to refresh your memory). In addition to that the Vice Chairman said something to the effect that he would send every Junior college potential recruit to out of state Junior Colleges and not promote Kansas schools. - Also, there is an exact email from the Junior college rant – by Will. The Will Cokeley Bylaws are much different than the USA KS Wrestling Bylaws as well as our parent organizations bylaws USA Wrestling National and KSHSAA. I am sure the funds still being raised and in the KCWF fund balance of the current KCWF will be distributed per the parameters set forth by the KCWF Committee and approved by the USA Wrestling KS Board. It may be a long road establishing a Kansas Collegiate Wrestling Fund and an uphill battle - with the right people for the right reasons it will be worth it. It is very counter productive having our State Freestyle/Greco Director promoting programs for other states and putting a black eye on our state organization. When I hear other state leaders who is that guy getting kicked out of tournaments around the country - I just say that is our State Freestyle/Greco Director - their response "really"?
I just want our efforts to help provide opportunities to current and future student/athletes. I will devote time to ensure the Kansas Colleges continue to have academic and athletic wrestling opportunities in Kansas. I feel obligated to help these programs grow. It is an exciting time - not many other states can boast adding so many college opportunities for student/athletes and a very significant investment at our great institutions around the state.

Stay true to the mission:

MISSION STATEMENT OF KANSAS COLLEGE WRESTLING FUND:

It is the mission of the Kansas College Wrestling Fund to provide financial support for Kansas colleges and universities with active college wrestling programs. This financial support to Kansas colleges and universities will help provide wrestling, academic and eventual career opportunities for student athlete wrestlers in the State of Kansas.

Sean McCarthy
(913) 579-1835
smokeycabin@hotmail.com

Last edited by smokeycabin; 02/11/17 11:01 AM.