Originally Posted By: L.Geyer
Just curious why Ball only moves up 1 spot after knocking off the #2 wrestler. and finishing with an undefeated state championship. I am sure there is more into the rankings than this, but I think if you have criteria that Porsch was above #3 and #4 and then Ball beats him, shouldn't that in return put Ball into that same place. He beat the guy you said was better than the other 2 and has not been beat by them.

The top 5 wrestlers in this weight are all deserving just trying to get some love for 321a 😀😀

After much consideration, I agree and corrected 145. My initial thoughts during the year were... Stuart was 1 point away from being a 3X champ and now a few points away from being a 4x champ. Lange has beaten 4 outside state champions. Jonathan has not traveled like those guys. It was never meant to slight him, as he can only wrestle who is in front of him and I have marveled at the entire Ball family over the years. I have had Porsch on my teams wrestling guys from Sweden, Bulgary and across the nation. I was having second thoughts for slotting him so high after his injury and landed where I did after looking at the state brackets, being swayed a bit by the epic Lange v Stuart final. This comparison was always more subjective due to the lack of head to heads and commons. At the end of the day.... I agree that Ball should move up. I am also very happy to report he is joining our All-Class Dual team in Denver as the #1 145 pounder!

Thanks for the input,

Chief

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12