Originally Posted By: Mullin
Originally Posted By: BigPin22
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Did you see the match?

Fluky things happen all the time. The better wrestler doesn't always get his/her hand raised!

In 4A 160lbs. Mlekus was in total control of the match, and came up short because of one mistake! If I was doing the rankings I would have a hard time not ranking Mlekus ahead of Mullin.

At fist I wasn't going to respond to this, but then I figured what kind of dad wouldn't defend his son's honor (if it even needs defended.) Coach Pigorsch probably covered it already. First thing is Mlekus is a stud and I'm not takin anything away from him. The Gorillas gotta be excited to have him on the football field next year. As far as the better wrestler winning, I think BigPin's Belicheck quote pretty much states the case (not to be interpreted that I'm calling Mlekus a loser, I've already made that clear). Fact is two great wrestlers went at it in a close match and one found a way to win it in the end. Again, nothing to short Brandon, but with Hunter's record, quality of opponents and the final score, I'm not going to let anyone suggest it was a fluke and the best wrestler didn't win. Dusty Mullin

No need to defend you Son, he is obviously a stud and the STATE CHAMP! I did not mean to demean his accomplishment. It was not a fluke....He fought hard, never gave up, and came away with the win! I was simply stating that after watching the match and talking to several people I felt Mlekus was in control of the entire match except for 30 seconds or so.

"Stats are for losers. Final scores are for winners." Bill Belicheck