I thought the goal of kids wrestling was to get and keep kids interested in wrestling for a lifetime...sometimes we forget our objectives!

As the host school of the D1 tourney from my memory we had fewer kids running off weight than I recall in the years past. Yes we had some and some that didn't make the weight that I know they wrestled all year...and I truly believe they made all year as I know the club leaders.

Allowing kids to move up happens at USAW events all the time without consequence.

The goal of the "change" was to make sure Kids could wrestle and not be locked out because a parent picked the wrong weight or heaven forbid an adult made a mistake and forgot to register a kid whose parents had done everything right! It happens every year!

Every district had the same opportunity some choose other options.

The change made for a long day with seeding to follow weigh ins but if 30-50 kids got to move weights and wrestle (I have no clue on that number) than we did it right!

At the end of the day someone is always going to pick the easiest path but the majority do the right thing all the time!

Kevin McCall