I'm starting to get some requests for hosting Bronze Clinics for the upcoming season, and now that we have our annual state body meeting under our belts, I'd like to get going on scheduling clinics. As I get clinics scheduled, I'll be posting information here on this discussion thread. You can also follow my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/USAWKSCoachesEd/) for more updates and information.

I tentatively have the following Sundays open to schedule clinics: November 18, December 9, and February 3. My goal is to offer at least one clinic in each district. Right now, I've got one I'm working out to be hosted in Baldwin for District 1. I've also made contact with clubs in Districts 3 and 4, so I'm looking to do one in District 2. Contact me if you're interested -- bovairdr@usd416.org.

If you'd like to host a clinic, some of the basic requirements are a minimum of 12 coaches (this is tough to know for sure, so if you think you can bring in enough, go ahead and let me know), access to the internet and a projector, and a good sound system. The host club traditionally provides a light lunch to be served during the break. Clinics usually run from 10am until 5-6pm.

Coaches needing to obtain their bronze certifications MUST have a passed background check, a completed Safe Sports certification, and a "WRESTLING LEADER" membership with USA Wrestling. The new memberships must be purchased through USAW, not the state organization. Coaches who show up to the bronze clinic WITHOUT their 2018-19 memberships will NOT be able to complete the course.

Thank you, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Gifted Teacher
Head Wrestling Coach, Louisburg High School
Director of Coaches Development, USAWKS