Back in the days, most every tournament had mat patrol running kids, parents etc... off of the mats and back in the stands. It seems like at most tournaments, if a wrestler is up, everyone who is anyone related to that little guy is matside with the camera, phone, ipad, or telescope lenses. I get it, it's important to you to have the best seat in the house, but for the issue of SAFETY, the sides of mats NEED to get cleared out. Are you aware of the NFHS rule changes regarding the out of bounds rules and allowing wrestling to continue? I blame tournament directors, officials (me) and coaches. Do your part, control your kids and your families. Tell them to sit in the stands where honestly they should have the best view (I know, if no one else does it why should I) It has to start somewhere. As an official, safety should be our number one priority. To me, this is paramount, we have got to provide the wrestlers the space that is afforded to them. Coaches, 2 in the corner, it's a rule, enforce it with your team, and if everyone does this things will improve. Thanks in advance and I anticipate your constructive criticism.

"If it is to be, it is up to me!"