ONE WEEK AGO we were forced to cancel the Donna Woofter Novice tournament due to insufficient numbers. We sent out a notification via trackwrestling, sent out an email, and posted on this forum. If you paid your entry fees you WILL BE RECEIVING A FULL REFUND. Trackwrestling does NOT handle these refunds. I will be personally writing you a check from our club account and mailing this refund to you. Trackwrestling will be keeping their fee but our club will eat this loss. I have not received my refund ACH from TW yet but I will be writing those checks today. I will need your mailing information so you will be receiving an email from me requesting such. PATIENCE please!

I canvased the wrestling community to try to discover WHY we had such low numbers. One of the most frequent responses I received is that clubs would rather attend combined open and novice tournaments. I really think this is a trend that will ultimately damage our sport. Novice kids need to have a coaches undivided attention at THEIR events. This cultivates their interest and love for the sport. This is likely NOT to happen as effectively at a combined event.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com