Am I missing another simple solution? 1st and 2nd at both regionals are on opposite sides of the bracket, but do "blind" draws into the rest of the bracket like the old 4 regional set up? Now, if you pull a default at any point, you're relying on luck of the draw to get placed on the easier side of the bracket. I understand that it doesn't solve that Saunders somehow ended up wrestling Lyndsey in the regionals semis, but that just sounds like some tough (or completely wrong) regionals seeding. It certainly beats going back to having four regional tournaments, with one having 4-6 of the best kids, per weight, in a lot of the same regional weights. And how in the world do you plan to seed a state tournament, when it took over four hours to seed a regional????? Maybe you look at the Pennsylvania model. Will still make it tough on freshman, but if the best wrestling state does it we can try it.

By the way, Jerry, Ren and Stimpy are still up there with the Monster Truck avatar. Classic....

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard