I agree that Salina will be overcrowded with 3 tournaments going on at the same time. 8 mats is too many as the seating on the floor is helpful for the teams and cheerleaders. Salina will have to open up more gates for people to enter the tournament and open up the exhibition rooms for the teams to put their food and coolers.

I don't mind having 3 tournaments at one site, but I really think that they need to change the schedule and environment around. Could we use 6 mats and still have floor seating for teams? Also could we have each tournament be 2 days instead of 3 days? One tournament run Thursday and Friday, finishing the majority of the tournament on Thursday and do placing matches on Friday on two mats along side the other tournament. Then Run the other two tournaments on Friday and Saturday with the current schedule we use for Friday and Saturday? Obviously I'm coming up with solutions out of the air here, but this can be managed and scheduled better than what is being implemented/proposed.

Brandon Pigorsch
Head Wrestling Coach
Clay Center Community High School