Originally Posted by Tom Heier
Surely I can't be the only one that didn't like the announcers babbling on, talking for 3 whole days? If you listened closely, they did mispronounce names also, and get the scores wrong on occasion. ( I know, 8 mats, blah, blah). The view from the sides sucked, couldn't see a third of the 4 mats that were closest to you or the 4 score clocks on your side. Concession lines were incredibly long on Saturday also. There were some positives also, I'm just here to even things out, as this thread seems to be leaning pretty heavily to the positive side.

I liked the announcements a lot. It was one way to keep track of who might be wrestling on a certain mat. A matter of fact they didn't do the announcements on Saturday morning during consolation semis and I felt lost. Great job to the announcers. It was the biggest improvement in going from 321A in Hays to 4-1A in Salina. All in all I still want it back in Hays. If it stays in Salina. I would like to keep consolations semis on Saturday, but run 6 mats all days Saturday (cons. semis, 5th place, and 4rd place) except for finals go to 3 mats.

In all honesty. I heard so much about getting more classes to one spot. As a 321A guy...All in all I only watched maybe 4 of the 4A boys matches. Maybe a handful of 4-1A girls.
Craig Amrein
Hill City