Randy,

I got you down on a list I am starting on who to contact about the initial meeting. Right now, I like an idea Mike Furches suggested to me about the initial meeting being held at Lawrence so that we could maybe have some contact with current members of the KU Wrestling Club and also have some easy access to the campus buildings in case we wanted to look at potential practice facilities. If that was the place, it might be good to get access to a room at Lawrence High School since it is so close to campus. Maybe their wrestling coach could help with that.

Mike also suggested the weekend of May 13 and 14th to go along with the Kendall Cross Clinic that will be held at Bishop Ward High School on those dates. That sounded good to me too. Maybe we could meet after the clinic on Saturday which ends at noon either at my house or we could all meet at Lawrence that afternoon. I will get back with you with final plans.

Jeff Mercer, I don't know exactly yet who we need to win over at KU. That will probably be the role of the committee to determine. Lew Perkins, the Chancellor, some group, or combination, I really don't know? We need to find out. A couple of the people who have volunteered have been involved in this in previous years and might be able to provide some insight. I wish we didn't have to go thru all this and they just could see the wisdom of our cause but realistically it is going to take some work.

Thanks, KCWrestlersMom, I would love to see this happen in time for this to be a choice for your son's future wrestling in two years.

By the way, I hope one of you wrestling veterans with the knowledge and experience will take the chairman role. I intend to be a worker once we get this going and I want to be a worker on it until we have successful programs running at KU, KSU and Wichita State and give whatever help we can to promoting the smaller Kansas colleges that already have programs. Heck I would like to eventually see a junior college program at Johnson County Community College here in Overland Park and at Kansas City Kansas Community College too.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions