Randy:

I do not believe that there are enough women collegiate teams that they even have NCAA Division teams for it at this point. I think Jeff Mercer wrote in a post that it has not developed enough for that yet. So I believe they wrestle against each other no matter what traditional NCAA or NAIA division the school is in for most sports. I think Pacific has a women's team and they might be Division I in other sports.

Now this might cause problems for Title IX considerations for adding a Men's team. For Title IX does the women sport have to be in the same NCAA Division? Basically I just think it is great to see Women's teams being added to colleges whether they add a mens team or not. I definitely would like to see a men's team also added but it can only help wrestling overall for women's wrestling to grow in popularity. College growth will stimulate high school growth for women wrestling. High school women programs will stimulate youth wrestling growth for girls. All that would help create more wrestling people and interest in our sport. This helps everyone in the long run.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions