Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer
Originally Posted By: Husker Fan
I think special congratulations needs to be given to Aquinas senior RJ Nill who won at 160 with a very impressive 11-1 championship match victory over a very good wrestler, Aaron Berscheidt of Gardner Edgerton.

It should be noted Nill won at 171 lbs. and not 160 lbs.!

Richard, thanks for pointing out my error. I guess I still had 160 on my mind since I had just typed that weight for Paul Markey in my previous paragraph. I also did a poor job of proofing the message before submitting it.

I am also going to take this opportunity to mention some Aquinas seniors who did not participate in this tournament. They have been contributors to the team over the last four years at practice, tournaments and with points at this Johnson County Classic and other tournaments including regional and state tournaments. I should have congratulated them in my original post. Congratulations to Aquinas seniors Brian Sullivan, Alex Lopez, Brendan Berko, Bo Noles, Ike Woodroof and Brian Huston for your contributions in making this team so successful in the last four years. This is truly a great senior class. Your accomplishments will long be remembered and appreciated by the Aquinas wrestling community.

In commending RJ Nill for his tremendous accomplishment of three Johnson County Classic championships, I neglected to extend a special congratulations to Mark Millstead for winning his second Johnson County Classic. I am not positive but it may be the only two times that Mark has wrestled in the Johnson County Classic. It is difficult to win this tournament even once. I know there have been some high state placers who have never won this tournament. I watched Mark Millstead in several of his matches this weekend. Mark is an incredibly intense wrestler with great skills. I expect we will be following Mark's college career over the next four to five years. He looked awesome in this Johnson County Classic.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions