Kansas Wrestling

All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet.

Posted By: circlejrcoach

All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/07/03 09:51 PM

this is stupid
Posted By: Bulldog Dad

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/08/03 12:09 AM

Why do you think it's stupid?

First of all, (come-on!)how much does a singlet weigh? 3-4 ounces?

Secondly, they did that so they didn't have to run segregated M/F weigh-ins, which has become a big pain.

Thirdly, it will make skin checks go much smoother.
Posted By: wrestlingmom

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/09/03 12:26 PM

Missouri tournaments have always required this. The only problem is remembering this rule when you go for a Friday night weigh in.

I'm not sure what the rules are in high school - anyone know?
Posted By: iowa fan

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/09/03 04:43 PM

i weighed in a liberty without a singlet they didn't care and same with the other tournaments in kansas
Posted By: 4myboys

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/10/03 12:17 AM

I was at Libery Nationals and they very much cared about the kids weighing in with singlets. Now there were some kids that got away with not having a singlet on during weigh-ins, but because of this there was a big anouncement that it is Missouri's rule that everyone must weigh-in with a singlet on, and furthermore if you didn't have a singlet with you, borrow one.
Posted By: matparent

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/10/03 01:06 AM

Can I ask, what is the main reason in weighing in with a singlet? I am not against it, but why? It only adds 2-3 ounces. I understand if the kids are close to their max weight, but they can lose 2-3 ounces in about 20 minutes of running.
Posted By: Kids Wrestling Fan

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/10/03 02:22 PM

My son wears boxer briefs under his singlet and they look just like shorts. He doesn't mind being seen in these because after he weighs in in his singlet he goes out in the stands in front of everybody and takes the singlet off to put on his tights. I don't think it makes much difference to the wrestlers. Girls could weigh in what ever they feel comfortable in, if this is their singlet, so be it.
Posted By: jojo

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/11/03 12:43 PM

EVERYONE BETTER GET USED TO WEIGHING AT TOURNEYS IN SINGLETS. NEXT YEAR THE KIDS WILL HAVE TO AT SUBDISTRICT, DISTRICT AND STATE. THAT RULE WAS PASSED AT THIS YEARS STATE MEETING.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/19/03 07:28 PM

I find it helpful that we have to weigh-in in a singlet. I find it a bit weird when I go to a tournament and some of the guys strip down to almost nothing to weigh in. It would probably be ok if it was strictly all boys, but most aren't, so it's just embarrasing for the female wrestlers.
Posted By: Coachjt

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/20/03 04:58 PM

All participants' will weigh-in wearing a singlet at all Qualifying Tournaments this year.
http://www.usawks.com/invites/StateFolk.htm
Posted By: ksjvwrestler152

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/24/03 02:18 AM

wrestlers who are desperatly close to making weight dont need to run off weight that isnt even there body weight! after not eating and working out for hours on end, it seems pointless to continue this for a singlet, ive wieghed myself with a singlet on and then without one right after, our singlets wiegh 9 ounces, that may be just ours and other singlets may weigh less. over half a pound can make a huge difference

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/24/03 02:24 AM

I reason they went to this is to get rid of weigh-in's in separate rooms for females & males. Now everyone will weigh-in together, get used to it.
Posted By: S Biddle

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/24/03 03:09 AM

Coach JT, everyone will weigh in together, what about skin checks, are we checking around the singlet or are we checking all the body. I am just curious so we get it right at subs. Let me know please.

Re: All participants’ will weigh-in wearing a singlet. - 02/24/03 03:20 AM

Scott, the best person to ask is Greg or Leanna Grater. I know they said they were going to set up two stations (at State) to do skin checks separately then weigh-in together but I am not sure on the specifics?

John Terrell
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums