Kansas Wrestling

BRUTE NATIONAL

Posted By: bockman

BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/02/08 06:36 PM

Just want to wish the Haysville boys goodluck at this tournament. Im sure Jackson and Brycen will hold there own. Also good luck to the rest of the Kansas kids going to this tournament. Wish we could go but Brady is really glad this season is over and is enjoying his time off getting ready for baseball and playing soccer. We will see you all next season. Also good luck to the Smith boys from Winfield. Trevor lets get another 1st to add to that list.
Posted By: schroedermom

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/03/08 01:43 PM

Thanks for the well wishes. Team Haysville is taking 5 kids to Brute.

I know my boys are counting down the hours until their last weigh-in. They are very excited to see baseball season arrive!

Good luck to all Kansas Wrestlers!!
Posted By: Harpermom

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/04/08 01:03 PM

We will be thinking about the Haysville team this weekend, I know they will all do great!!!
Posted By: schroeder

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/04/08 08:03 PM

Team Haysville Update:
Brycen Schroeder and Jackson Hartley in Finals (going for 1st.)

Easton Schroeder and Spencer Tracy going for 3rd.

Gregory Bentley going for 7th
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/04/08 08:07 PM

Just checked into the hotel and saw a ton of black and gold. A great representation from that club.
Posted By: Hartley1

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 01:23 PM

Congrats to Brycen and Jack going for 1st on Sunday. Easton, Spencer, and Gregory wrestled hard to. Brought 5 and going home with 5 ALL-AMERICANS. Jack had 3 pins in 40sec 2:40sec and 56sec.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 01:35 PM

Just a question. Since when does a wrestler get dinged for stalling just because to the other wrestler got dinged for stalling first. Just asking because we had a wrestler working hard on top for a turn and switching off on his moves when the other wrestler wanted to hold on to the wrists and not move. He was already hit for stalling and apparently was stalling even more. Our wrestler tried to even pull his hands out and was hit for stalling. The explanation giving to us was that he HAD to hit our wrestler for stalling since he warned to other wrestler already. Since when is this a rule? We were also told that, that was the way it was and the head ref didn't need to be called over to clarify because it was his judgement. I don't always agree with the judgement of other refs but have come to live with it. But anytime you question a ref anymore its automatically a judgement call and we as coaches have nothing to argue. Seems that anytime you may have just a question as to why or want an interpetation of a rule its automatic that its a judgement call.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 01:51 PM

is there a way to view the brackets for this tournament. i cannot find anything anywhere. have to keep calling my cousins to find out information. nice job jackson and brycen.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 02:25 PM

Boo Dryden in the Finals
Cale McCracken 3rd and 4th I believe
Posted By: birddog

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 02:33 PM

Bockman,
If you go to intermatwrestling.com you can find results/brackets for the brute tourney.
Good Luck

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 02:45 PM

hey thank you.
Posted By: bigfatwrestler

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 04:09 PM

i still cant find the brackets or any results for brute?

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 04:20 PM

you have to find it. it took me a while. i will look again and try to tell you

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 04:21 PM

go to highschool wrestling. scroll down to the bottom and it will take you to results. click there and your there
Posted By: Paratroop

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 04:24 PM

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/
Posted By: bigfatwrestler

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 07:19 PM

thanks guys i appreciate it.
Posted By: Allie

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 11:50 PM

All I get when I go on intermatwrestling.com is a search engine that doesn't tell me anything.
Posted By: Allie

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/05/08 11:51 PM

Try http://www.intermatwrestle.com - the problem was the ing on wrestle.
Posted By: LancerLou

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/06/08 01:04 AM

Are the UPDATED brackets anywhere? When I look at these, they are not updated.
Posted By: Beeson

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/06/08 02:01 AM

Why are there two brackets in each weight? 55.1 and 55.2 I've seen it in the Grade 1 through Grade 3.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/06/08 02:06 AM

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/high_school/results/0708/ban_2008.aspx
Posted By: O coach

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/06/08 03:27 AM

they also have done the same thing in 5th grade 75 pounds. they have taken 7 kids and put 4 in a bracket and 3 in another. then they will wrestle 1st against the 1st from the other ,2nd against 2nd, 3rd and 3rd. In my opinion this is not an acurate way of getting to the actual champion. The two wresters that wrestled in one bracket for 1st and 2nd, the kid who got 2nd will actually be going for 3rd and 4th tomorrow. These 2 wrestlers should be meeting tomorrow in the finals.
Posted By: BLT

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/06/08 12:46 PM

What a bitter sweet end to a awesome season:
We take 1st at state!
Can't work out all the next week because of fluid on the knee!
We get to Brute and he gets sick!!
We lost to a guy 5-2!
We beat another kid!
We are up 3 to 2 in in the last 8 seconds he hits a reverse and lose 4 to 3! We should of been in the finals!
We can't wrestle for 3rd and 4th againest a young man we have beat twice in the last 2 weeks because we are on the way to the hospital. I guess we will settle for a 4th!
WOW!!
What a way to end a season!!

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/06/08 02:41 PM

so for those of you that know the highschool wrestlers. what grade would you give the ks wrestlers. i saw some of our big names in the finals but also saw some of them lose. what happened to ornelas. overall from what I can see I think we did a good job.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/06/08 02:50 PM

looks like ks was very well represented in the freshmen class. lots of them in the finals and 3rd and 4th.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/06/08 03:51 PM

Team Haysville Results
Gregory Bentley 8th
Spencer Tracy 4th (had to forefit)
Easton Schroeder 3rd
Jackson Hartley 2nd
Brycen Schroeder 1st!!
Way to Go Team Haysville

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/06/08 04:06 PM

The brackets aren't updated yet...who won between Boo and Joint in Easton's bracket?

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/06/08 04:22 PM

I did not see the match but I was told that Joint won 9-0!!!
Posted By: Ell

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 03:09 AM

the bracketing was an olympic pool this is no differnt then having three or four kids on two diff sides of the bracket and the winner of each side goes into the finals. the only difference is that there are not a bunch of back side matches to get in for third. Also it is really hard to seed these little kids so this makes the champ a little more accurate in my opinion! Loved the tourney! It was alot of fun and yes dryden lost in the finals. kansas was represented well!

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: bockman
so for those of you that know the highschool wrestlers. what grade would you give the ks wrestlers. i saw some of our big names in the finals but also saw some of them lose. what happened to ornelas. overall from what I can see I think we did a good job.

Great question, I think our numbers were down, but overall, for those we did, we did pretty well I think with 6 of our wrestlers winning OW awards. Kansas should be ticked off though, even at Brute where we have dominated over the last 3 years we get no respect as was indicated in the video montage where everyone was stating that Missouri and Iowa were the states to watch out for. A great tournament, great comp, and Kansas again, did great. We just need more of our HS kids to show up and wrestle. I will say this there was a 100% improvement over the last years in the organization of the tournament.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: bockman

Regarding Ornelas, it was a tough bracket.
Posted By: Singlet

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 12:43 PM

Impressive Kansas- 6 out of 12 Outstanding Wrestlers are from KS!

Outstanding Wrestlers:
First Grade: Christian Zeik (Missouri), 49 pounds
Second Grade: Jarret Jurgens (Kansas), 51 pounds
Third Grade: Zack Eck (Kansas), 60 pounds
Fourth Grade: Chase Shiltz (Iowa), 92 pounds
Fifth Grade: Tristan Starr (Kansas), 80 pounds
Sixth Grade: Tyler McBride (New Jersey), 70 pounds
Seventh Grade: Nicholas Meck (Kansas), 133 pounds
Eighth Grade: Jared McComb (Kansas), 158 pounds
Ninth Grade: Trey Adamson (Texas), 138 pounds
Tenth Grade: Angelo Malvestuto (New York), 174 pounds
Eleventh Grade: Kendric Maple (Kansas), 133 pounds
Twelfth Grade: Matthew Maresh (Nebraska), 133 pounds
Posted By: 5-count

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 12:59 PM

SW GRAPPLERS TO 4 KIDS TO BRUTE AND WE ENDED UP WITH 4 ALL-AMERICANS CONGRATS!!!!!

LITTLE JOE- 46LB 5TH
QUINTON LAPOINTE- 76LB 3RD
ANTHONY ALLREALLNO 85LB 1ST
MICHAL ALLRELLANO- 135 6TH
Posted By: JerryD67

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 03:08 PM

Regarding Joint, I had an opportunity to watch him at State. He placed 3rd but exhibited outstanding abilities and is a tough young man. I was particularly impressed with his sportsmanship in the semi-finals when he was caught in a move and pinned. He got up, didn't complain or blame anyone, and came back and got 3rd. Very refreshing to see such a fine young man considering some of the other tantrums, etc. I saw.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Singlet
Impressive Kansas- 6 out of 12 Outstanding Wrestlers are from KS!

Outstanding Wrestlers:
First Grade: Christian Zeik (Missouri), 49 pounds
Second Grade: Jarret Jurgens (Kansas), 51 pounds
Third Grade: Zack Eck (Kansas), 60 pounds
Fourth Grade: Chase Shiltz (Iowa), 92 pounds
Fifth Grade: Tristan Starr (Kansas), 80 pounds
Sixth Grade: Tyler McBride (New Jersey), 70 pounds
Seventh Grade: Nicholas Meck (Kansas), 133 pounds
Eighth Grade: Jared McComb (Kansas), 158 pounds
Ninth Grade: Trey Adamson (Texas), 138 pounds
Tenth Grade: Angelo Malvestuto (New York), 174 pounds
Eleventh Grade: Kendric Maple (Kansas), 133 pounds
Twelfth Grade: Matthew Maresh (Nebraska), 133 pounds

Jurgens was at 61 pounds...Congratulations to all the Kansas OW's.
Posted By: up4wrestling

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 06:36 PM

Congrats to Lucas Lovvorn 5th grade 85lbs 1st Placer (Kansas)
(2nd year to take 1st at Brute!!)
and to
Drake Lovvorn 9th Grade 133lbs 5th Placer...(Kansas)
also their team mates
Tyler Hughes 6th place 9th grade 155 (Kansas)
Andrew Rieschick 1st Placer 6th grade Hwt (Kansas)
Justin Rieschick 3rd Place 4th Grade (Kansas)
Tanner Ogden 5th place 7th grade (Kansas)
Kyle White 6th place 9th grade (Kansas)
and for those just out of placing ...Justin Pool, Dennis DeVader and Jessie Gibbens ...Great Job! (Sorry ...if I left anyone out!)
Posted By: SKWCBOOMER

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 07:26 PM

Want to congratulate the Marquez brothers from Wichita Carroll Wrestling Club for both placing at BRUTE.. Tony marquez 11th grade placing 3rd at 288lb., and his brother Tommy 5th grader placing 2nd at 119lb.!!! GREAT JOB TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!
Posted By: shawnbudke

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 08:08 PM

This tournament was very well ran and a lot of fun! One of the reasons they did the "Pools" on 8 man brackets or less was so the kids are guaranteed more matches. In my opinion, I thought that this was a great idea. For example, rather than an 8 man bracket they ran 2 pools of 4. This guaranteed every kid to get at least 4 matches. They wrestled 3 on the first day and then 1 on Sunday for placing. I don't think it undermines who is in the championship. The advantage is that kids get a lot of matches as opposed to an 8 man bracket where they would only get 3 matches (3 because they placed top 8).

Want to congratulate all the kids we took from the Leavenworth County Spartans. They all competed very hard and they earned 20 All Americans.
Posted By: smokeycabin

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 08:51 PM

I just ran through the Kansas Juniors and they had 8 finalists out of 14 weights and 6 champs and 2 runner ups. That is a pretty good showing. I'll look at the freshman and sophmores and get back to you.
Posted By: smokeycabin

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 09:04 PM

Sophmores had 6 finalists in 14 weights = 3 - 1st, 3 - 2nds
very good.

Freshman had 10 finalists in 14 weights = 4 - 1sts, 6 - 2nds
also very good showing.

Seniors had 6 finalists in 14 weights = 1 - 1st, 5 - 2nds.
Posted By: sis120

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 10:14 PM

Congratulations to Dacota Motter and Chuckie Schmidt for placing 1st at Brute. The following El Dorado Wrestlers also placed.
Dacota Motter Champion 3rd Grade 70
Chuckie Schmidt Champion 4th Grade 75
Reno Hughey 4th place 4th grade 65
Daniel Thomas 5th place 6th Grade 80
Austin Hughey 3rd Place 7th Grade 92
Caleb Wallsmith 6th place 7th grade 104
Jesse Brown 5th place 10th grade 106
Josh Brown 5th place 12th Grade 128
Cameron Motter 7th place 12th grade 133

Congratulations to all the Kansas wrestlers that placed this weekend

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 10:21 PM

So for those of you that have been to the one in iowa and brute which do you prefer and which one has the better competition. looks like the brute is an up and coming tournament. too bad they are at the same time or they might get a lot more wrestlers at both. at least i was told they ran the same weekend. pardon me if i am wrong. look forward to going to brute in the future.
Posted By: Jim Gaither

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 10:52 PM

This is the first year that Brute and USAW Nationals in Iowa have been on the same weekend. It did not seem to affect the overall numbers in Iowa although I'm sure a lot of KS wrestlers would have liked to go to both. Last year we went to both and I would say Iowa had better competition and was better run. Iowa always seems to come up with some snafu that makes it less than perfect but Brute last year was a NIGHTMARE. Sounds like it was better this year. Once again, Iowa had a few poor planning issues that caused some upset folks. The competition at USAW Iowa was once again excellent though.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/07/08 11:21 PM

Jim Brute last year, for that matter last 2 years, and this year was night and day. This year, one of the better run tournaments of the year, and great comp. Everything including the fan funzone was a blast, great clinics, fun for the kids, parents and no biggie about bringing in snacks, coolers that type of thing. Very much appreciated, and we got to have church on Sunday.
Posted By: RENEEDAWNCARVER

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/08/08 01:54 AM

I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ON HAVING THE "POOL" FOR AN 8-MAN BRACKET. ON OUR SIDE OF THE 4-MAN ROUND ROBIN WE ENDED UP WITH A 3 WAY TIE AND AFTER MUCH ARGUMENT ABOUT THE RULES WE WERE FINALLY INFORMED THEY WENT BY COLLEGE RULES WHICH THEN THE QUICKEST PIN WAS THE DECIDING FACTOR OF WHO GOT TO GO FOR 1ST, 2ND OR 3RD. MY SON WRESTLED AN EXCELLENT TOURNAMENT ON FRI. AND ENDED UP ONLY GETTING TO GO FOR 5TH AND 6TH...HIS WHOLE BRACKET AND THE WAY THE FINALS FELL WAS CLEARLY AN UPSET NOT TO MENTION HEARTBREAK AND FRUSTRATION ON OUR COACHES PART. JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH!!
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/08/08 03:44 AM

Numbers in Iowa were WAY up! The Cadets and Juniors put the Brute Brackets to shame! I can't believe any parent can put a supportive post on here when a tournament does this to wrestling families:

Thursday night only weigh in ONE NIGHT IN A HOTEL
Friday wrestling (most kids brackets had less than 8 wrestlers. They pooled them but with six wrestlers they should have used round robins. Kids wrestled half of day. They don't wreste again until Sunday. TWO MORE NIGHTS IN A HOTEL
$20 to watch, $45 or $60 to wrestle, $85 to coach. That plus travel to get there. A family could go broke!

I got a coaches band in Iowa for FREE! Entry fee was only $25 or $35 for each wrestler. Kansas is a USA Wrestling State and this is a USA Talk Forum and we should have been sending more wrestlers to Iowa. One coaches band would have paid for the gas! They didn't use Trackwrestling but I heard they started really late on Sunday too! Check out the brackets (there were 2,318 wrestlers there) for both tournaments and then post which tournament was better. Hands down, USA NATIONALS.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/08/08 01:00 PM

Renee,

I understand the frustration and empathisize with your example and what happened to your son. What happened in that bracket is the risk with running "pools" vise brackets. Having said that, the majority of the 4 man pools didn't have that issue and it allowed the kids to get more matches.

Will,

I will not disagree with your analysis of the number of kids competing at the different tournaments. I think both tournaments are great opportunities and wonderful experiences for the kids. Hopefully in the future they can work out the schedules so they do not conflict and therefore kids can attend both.

I do have to disagree with your believe parents cannot put on a supportive post for the Brute tournament. From your perspective I understand where you are coming from. You did however forget to add what people got for their money....

Coaches received very nice jackets.

Kids that make the finals get custom made singlets.

Coaches got very nice collared shirts for every kid they had make the finals.

Champions get a nice pullover jacket (grades 1-8) or a nice watch (grades 9-12).

As mentioned earlier, the additional stuff to attend for the kids, parents, and coaches was outstanding.

I am not trying to justify the cost or argue with you. The intent is to let people know what they got for their $$$$. Some will argue that this stuff isn't important or worth the cost....ok, got it; for some it is. Bottomline: The parent, coach, or kids can make that decision for themselves. All I am trying to do is give additional info so people can make an informed decision.

Here are some of the other improvements I noticed this year.....

1. The location and organization of the tournament was much better than the past 3 years. Last year weigh ins was a huge cluster, this year it was well organized. It took me less than 5 minutes to sign in my son, weigh him in and get my coaches band.

2. They assigned brackets to tables (no pit area) for the majority of the wrestling. This allowed the tournament to move very quickly and efficiently. On Fri and Sat wrestling was supposed to start at 0800 hrs....matches were starting at 0800 hrs both days. Sunday there was a delay because it seemed there was a debate about how to do the finals. They did it one way for the 1-8 graders (not very efficient). They changed it for the high schoolers and it ran very smooth.

If you attended Brute last year, and you didn't attend this year it is very hard to compare. The difference was night and day. You can tell that they are a learning organization and trying to do the right thing for the kids and all involved.

Bottomline: I think both are great events. In a perfect world they would not be at the same time. That way kids can attend both events.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/08/08 01:16 PM

Leavenworth County Spartans placed the following....

9th Grade:
Dillon Scanlon; 128 lbs; 2nd
Spencer Blew; 133 lbs; 4th
Tyler Terron; 143 lbs; 2nd
Zach Hammer; 288 lbs; 2nd

10th Grade:
Mike Beachem; 133 lbs; 6th
Josh Bush; 192 lbs; 8th

11th Grade:
Grant Hinckley; 174 lbs; 4th

12th Grade:
Ashton Cooper; 174 lbs; 6th
David Wilk; 174 lbs; 2nd

3rd Grade:
Brock Budke; 60 lbs; 4th
Dylan Gowin: 60 lbs; 5th
Daniel Butler: 70 lbs; 3rd

4th Grade:
Preston Judd; 70 lbs; 8th

7th Grade:
Jared Johnson; 111 lbs; 3rd
Nathan Butler; 135 lbs; 1st
Aaron Brown; 148 lbs; 1st

8th Grade:
Adam Thomas; 98 lbs; 7th
Derek Pike; 133 lbs; 5th
Jordan Bush; 138 lbs; 5th
Nick Pursel; 148 lbs; 1st

Congratulations guys!
Posted By: Coach Bill

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/08/08 02:36 PM

I would like to say congradulations to all 15 All American placers from the Ottawa Mat Masters!!! You all did a great job and I am very proud of all of you!
Posted By: effwhyeye

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/08/08 03:31 PM

Congratulations to the Atchison County Wrestlers

Zakk Hollands Effingham WC 6th Gr. 80# 3rd place
Tyler Harris Atchison WC 5th Gr. 80# 3rd place (2x All-American)
Nick Spilman Effingham WC 8th Gr. 168# 1st place
Willy Dieckmann Effingham WC 5th Gr. 75# 4th Pl (2x All American)
Posted By: Ell

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/09/08 02:01 AM

I think Brute was great! All of the fun stuff down stairs was awesome! In terms of cost we were allowed to bring in coolers which saved a fortune! Cool Clinics that were all included! Tons of extermely comfortable seating! Well worth the money! We will go back again just to see the improvements! It is definately night and day from last year! As for the olympic pool it is the same criteria for a tied round robin in kids.First place goes to the one who has the most pins. And if there is still a tie it goes to fastest! We have one little boy in our club who had three way ties 4 times this year! It is really no different than an 8 man! If one match was lost in a traditional 8 man then they are forced to the back where the best possible senerio is 3rd! Anyway I think the 3 way tie sucks too and wish there was a better way!:)

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/09/08 03:35 AM

was a special guest at this tournament. i remember when i went to state and john smith was there for the parade.
Posted By: effwhyeye

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/09/08 01:53 PM

Ben Askren.

Gave free clinics and autographs.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/09/08 02:22 PM

Ell, don't take this the wrong way...(don't you hate it when someone starts with that)...there is a way to stay out of a 3 way tie. WIN all of your matches.
Posted By: RENEEDAWNCARVER

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/09/08 03:26 PM

BELIEVE ME MY SON WRESTLED HIS HEART OUT ON FRI. AND TRIED TO STAY AWAY FROM THE TIE FACTOR. AND IN KIDS WRESTLING IF THERE IS A TIE IT THEN GOES TO THE POINT SYSTEM WHICH IS BASED ON PINS AND SUCH AND I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT ONCE AGAIN WHEN WE EVEN DID THAT ALL 3 KIDS GOT 4 POINTS FOR A MAJ. DECISION AND 1 POINT FOR A PIN EACH SO THEY WERE ALL TIED UP AGAIN WHICH THEN IN KIDS WRESTLING GOES TO A WRESTLE OFF. I JUST DIDN'T AGREE WITH THE WAY THE BRACKETS WERE BROKE UP ON SOME AND LEFT AS 8-MAN'S ON OTHERS...WHAT WAS THEIR CRITERIA OF WHO THEY DECIDED TO SPLIT INTO THE 4-MAN ROUND ROBINS? AND WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE LET THE KIDS HAVE THE WRESTLE OFF WHEN THE COACHES ALL AGREED BUT THEN THEY THREW IN THE QUICKEST PIN WHICH FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND IS COLLEGE RULE...THESE AREN'T COLLEGE KIDS, THEY'RE FIFTH GRADERS! ANYWAY, WE JUST HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH IT BUT IT SEEMED TO WORK WELL FOR OTHERS...MY SON KNOWS WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THAT PODIUM.
Posted By: USAWMom

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/09/08 04:07 PM

As our first year attending the BAN, I agree that overall it was well ran and it was a great experience for most wrestlers. We will definitely attend again next year. (Congratulations to Jonny for 3rd place!)

That being said, I am extremely disapponted in the manner that they treated their volunteers. We were promised donations to our clubs, gear for our wrestlers and refunds for our admission without any follow through.

I volunteered for two days primarily for the wrestlers and completely enjoyed doing so, but the additional promised incentives would have been nice.

I have indeed tried to follow-up via email, but no one seems to know who or how to contact the right person.

USAWMom
Posted By: Rieschick Mom

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/09/08 07:32 PM

Our family likes this tournament. Cool coach's jacket, a coach's finalist shirt, a singlet for being in the finals, a cool athletic jacket for winning the finals. A great place to "play" if you didn't quite make it that far.

The Fan Fair area had a rock climb, a jousting game, XXXXXXball goals (can you write the real word on this forum???). This was a nice addition to the tournament.

Wrestling clinics throughout both days. Autographs by Ben Askren. Volunteer/Worker opportunities that got me in free. I got a cool volunteer jacket and they fed me for volunteering on Friday. And I got to see all of my sons' matches. Overall, a great weekend!

Was entry fee more than other tournaments? Yes. Did we get more for the fee? Yes. From there everybody has to make their own decision as to whether it is worth it or not.

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/09/08 08:25 PM

It worked our pretty well for me....volunteered with weigh ins both nights...got a band to get in free for the 3 days and a pullover jacket. Was able to walk onto the floor at all times. I also helped out in the "fun" area for the kids for a couple of hours on Saturday...what a mad house! But the kids were having a blast! I just signed up to volunteer to get in free...was unaware of anything else being donated to clubs or otherwise. The tourney on a whole was 200% better ran than last year!! Our club took 2 mats, ran 3 tables, helped with set up and tear down. Barely got to see your own kids wrestle and dead tired at the end of the weekend! This year watched every match...had time to make sure the kids good to go thru out the day. My youngest took 1st for the 2nd year in a row (5th grade 85lbs) and my oldest placed 5th (9th 133lbs) after an awesome weekend of wrestling! My husband was a little upset that he pd the $85 for the coaches fee on line and could have pd $60 at the door the day of the tournament(he could care less about the pullover). I figure by working approx 6hrs I saved $60 dollars. This paid for the one night stay at the Super Eight! Could have pd the $114 +tax and stayed at the Marriot, but wanted saved the additional $60 by staying both nights at the Super 8. About a 15 minute drive each way...but better than the 2hr drive each way had we went home each night! The way gas prices are...it was cheaper just to stay in KC. So all in all worked out ok. Would like it to be less expensive but my youngest did get the better end of the deal...new singlet, plaque, medal, jacket, and shirt for dad. We'll be back next year!

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/09/08 09:18 PM

I did not sign up to volunteer in advance, I responded when they announced that they needed additional volunteers. All I asked for was my admission fee to be refunded or credited toward gear purchase.
USAWMom
Posted By: 4boysraslin

Re: BRUTE NATIONAL - 04/11/08 02:19 AM

Beeson, in the smaller brackets they made 2 round robins and the winners of each wrestled each other in the finals and they did the same for 2nd & 3rd and so on. Not a true bracket but they filled thier finals matches.

Brute DVD? - 04/12/08 10:18 PM

Does anyone know where to purchase the DVD from Brute Nationals? I cannot get the website to work (realtoreelfilms.com/brute)...

Re: Brute DVD? - 04/14/08 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: USAWMom
Does anyone know where to purchase the DVD from Brute Nationals? I cannot get the website to work (realtoreelfilms.com/brute)...

I have had the same problem and e-mailed them and they said"oh about a week ago" that it would be up in a day or 2 but it's not yet! I'll e-mail them again and see what they say, and let people know.

Re: Brute DVD? - 04/16/08 02:57 AM

I have yet to receive a reply to my email or telephone message to "real to reel films" and the link provided still does not work. Has anyone else had any luck?

Re: Brute DVD? - 04/16/08 12:23 PM

Finally got a reply - the website should be up "in a few days".

http://www.realtoreelfilms.com/brute.html

Re: Brute DVD? - 04/16/08 07:32 PM

That will be nice!!!

Re: Brute DVD? - 04/22/08 09:59 PM

The website is partially up - you can't place the order until April 25th, but it's progress...

All orders for Brute/Adidas Nationals DVDs must be place by 05/02/08. DVDs will not be shipped until 05/16/08.

Re: Brute DVD? - 04/23/08 12:14 PM

Thanks USAWmom
Posted By: T Yeagley

Re: Brute DVD? - 05/01/08 05:11 PM

Anyone have any ideas on how to get money owed for Liberty Nationals??? We sent certified mail our check and when the coach got down there they charged him again. Found out the check was cashed before the tournament. Brought it to there attention and they said we would get it back. Then at Brute he said it was on top of his list to do. Emailed several times with NO reply. Just trying to finish books for the season and want what is still owed us. I know you get busy but come on.

Re: Brute DVD? - 05/02/08 01:28 PM

Brute and Liberty are actually organized by 2 different organizations. I would recommend contacting Bill Gossett who is a member of these boards.
Posted By: T Yeagley

Re: Brute DVD? - 05/05/08 09:45 AM

Thanks Mike, That is the person that we have been talking to. Now we get no response through email.

Re: Brute DVD? - 06/05/08 08:49 PM

Just wondering if anyone who ordered the online video of Brute has received their copy? I have yet to see mine??
Posted By: luellen

Re: Brute DVD? - 06/06/08 02:58 PM

got it today in the mail

Re: Brute DVD? - 06/06/08 07:54 PM

great...will have to wait til I get home...hope it is there. The boys have been waiting to watch it!
Posted By: statechamp69

Re: Brute DVD? - 09/05/08 06:49 PM

cloten picking really excelled at the brute nationals
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums