Kansas Wrestling

STATE QUALIFIERS

Posted By: L Grater

STATE QUALIFIERS - 03/22/09 01:28 PM

CLUB DIRECTORS / PARENTS:

If you have a wrestler who placed in the top 4 and know they ARE NOT GOING TO STATE, please contact us immediatley!!

We will be working on the brackets this afternoon, as well as getting information ready for the program book.

Email: lbuckley@twinvalley.net Include your wrestlers name, club, age and weight and WHY they are not going on, as well as a contact # where we can call you back at --

Thanks!!

Leanna Buckley, Tom Richard, Ned Price
State Tournament Committee
Posted By: cicici

Re: STATE QUALIFIERS - 03/22/09 02:42 PM

so are the brackets going to be up by tonight?

Thanks
Posted By: ksfam

Re: STATE QUALIFIERS - 03/22/09 03:00 PM

If a wrestler was disqualified yesterday (in the 1st/2nd place match) does he still advance to state? Or does the 5th place qualifier get to move up?
Posted By: bockman

Re: STATE QUALIFIERS - 03/22/09 03:24 PM

I would think if you get dq that means your out of the tournament and no place. 5th would get 4th and so on. Thats what happens in highschool and all team points are taken away. But this is kids wrestling so it may be different
Posted By: J. Dale

Re: STATE QUALIFIERS - 03/22/09 03:25 PM

it would depend on what it was for. if it was something like locked hands it's for the match. if it would be biting, a punch it should be for tourny.
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: STATE QUALIFIERS - 03/22/09 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: ksfam
If a wrestler was disqualified yesterday (in the 1st/2nd place match) does he still advance to state? Or does the 5th place qualifier get to move up?
The rules provide for a disqualification in a match for illegal holds, technical violations, stalling, etc. which result in loss of the match only AND a disqualification which results in removal from the tournamament, which would result in a suspension and would not allow the wrestler from advancing.

What were the circumstances surrounding the disqualification?
Posted By: ksfam

Re: STATE QUALIFIERS - 03/22/09 04:36 PM

I don't want to be too detailed in my description, because I honestly did not witness the event. Keep that in mind, as I summarize the event. I was told that the wrestler locked hands and was called for it. A point was then awarded to the other wrestler. After the call, the wrestler who locked hands became very upset and spoke/acted inappropriately toward the ref. He was warned to stop, but did not. Then he received the DQ.
So who moves on? The DQ, who placed 2nd? or the 5th place seed?
Posted By: BLT

Re: STATE QUALIFIERS - 03/22/09 05:56 PM

If this was at D2 (Im sure it was) that wrestler is NOT moving on!
There was a meeting after the match and he was informed he could not contiune.
Nothing was said about the 5th place kid replacing him.

I was not at that meeting but I am a coach & board member for that club and that is what was explained to me.
SO, I would assume that would be the case but we all know what happens when we ASSUME!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums