Kansas Wrestling

Looking for teams

Posted By: Mike Juby

Looking for teams - 08/21/06 08:30 PM

Colby High School is looking for a wrestling team for their Dual Tournament on Dec. 8-9. There are 18 teams involved consisting of three pools of 6. Everyone gets 7 matches. If you are looking for some excellent competition, consider this great tournament.

If you are interested, contact Athletic Director Larry Gabel at lgabel@colbyeagles.org. Colby also helps out with traveling team expenses.

Re: Looking for teams - 08/24/06 07:36 PM

Pittsburg High School is in need of two teams for their dual tournament. The tournament is January 13, 2007 and starts at 9:00 a.m. There will be six teams, and they will each get five duals. The tournament concludes around 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. Contact Athletic Director Doug Hitchcock at 620-235-3200.

Re: Looking for teams - 08/24/06 08:14 PM

Valley Center High School has an opening for their dual tournament December 2, 2006. Ten teams, five matches, done by 6:00pm. The teams entered are Valley, Carroll, Wichita South, Derby, Junction City, Clay Center, Chanute, Great Bend and Douglas. If you are interested, contact Brian Shelton (Wrestling Coach) at 316-648-6743 or bshelton@usd262.net or Brian Thompson (Athletic Director) at 316-755-7165 or brian.thompson@usd262.net.
Posted By: nocochristmastournament

Re: Looking for teams - 08/30/06 05:11 PM

Northern Colorado Christmas Tournament is looking for teams to come to Greeley, CO December 15th & 16th. This a 64-team tournament with two 32-man pools. Each pool is wrestled out to 7th/8th place. The 1st and 2nd placers from each pool will wrestle for Grand Champion and Consolation Champion. Awards are given to Top 3 Overall Teams plus a small school Champion (under 500 enrollment). Top eight individuals also received awards. If you are interested please e-mail George Thompson nocochristmastournament@comcast.net
Posted By: JFinkeldei

Re: Looking for teams - 09/14/06 08:09 PM

Bishop Carroll has an opening for their tournament on Saturday December 16. Other teams include Andale, Buhler, Wichita South, Campus, Mulvane, Newton, Rose Hill, Salina South, and Newton. Email me at finkeldeijames@bcchs.org if interested.
Posted By: webmaster

Re: Looking for teams - 09/14/06 08:34 PM

Christ Prep in KC, KS is looking for a few home duals or double duals & tourney openings in Jan. so please email me if you know of any or what to dual in KC.

Email - coachttd@yahoo.com
Cell 816-699-4985

Go Pitt State!

Re: Looking for teams - 09/15/06 06:52 PM

Stafford High School is trying to find a third team for a double dual in Stafford on Thursday November 30, 2006. Currently the dual is between Stafford and Hill City. If you are interested, contact Coach Sweet at jsweet@stafford349.com.
Posted By: Shelstin

Re: Looking for teams - 09/25/06 09:23 PM

Ulysses is looking for a few more teams for it's JV/Varsity tournament on Dec 8-9. The advantage of this tournament is that you can bring every kid in your program if you choose to. It is regular tournament format. The JV and Varsity tournaments are run in consecutuve rounds, and the tournament usually runs very smoothly. Last year, the tournament was done around 6 p.m., which would allow travel without a late night for most schools. Contact Lee Gillen, Activities Director at 620-356-1392 for more information.
Posted By: Laker

Re: Looking for teams - 09/26/06 07:20 PM

The Laker Invitational on Jan.20, 2007 is located at Lake of the Ozarks in SW MO at Camdenton High School.

We have recently decided to expand the Laker Invitational to 12 teams and would like to add 3 "out-of-state" teams from different states.

For additional details, please contact:

Kent Cunningham
Camdenton Wrestling
kuffs@yhti.net
http://www.kidssportsnet.com/wrestling/camdenton/
Posted By: James Stout

Re: Looking for teams - 10/04/06 04:20 PM

Abilene and Hays High is looking for a 3rd team to fill a triangular dual meet on November 28th. This years meet will be at Hays High and has been ongoing for 20+ years. We are looking for a 3rd team to fill and possibly rotate and be home every 3rd year. If interested please e-mail me at stout@cebridge.net or call Abilene High School.
Posted By: iowa boy

Re: Looking for teams - 10/17/06 06:52 PM

Atchison High School is looking for two teams for a ten team Dual Tournament on December 2. We might even accept a large programs jv. Please contact Doug Evers at 913-367-4162 or ecrouse@usd409.net
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Looking for teams - 10/24/06 02:31 PM

Putnam City North High School from Oklahoma City is looking for an out-of-state tournament on January 5/6. My friend, Mitch Brinlee, is the head coach. Any openings?
Posted By: bobphillips

Re: Looking for teams - 11/02/06 03:27 PM

Holton High School is looking for 1 to 2 teams for the tournament that we hold on Jan. 20. We run 12 man brackets and wrestle out to 6 places. We start with 4 mats and then go to 3 for the rest of the tournament. The tournament starts at 9:30 am and is completed by around 6:30. We have 10 teams. email me at bphillips@holtonks.net or call 785-364-2181
Posted By: crusaders

Re: Looking for teams - 11/23/06 04:12 PM

I believe the SW Classic in Liberal has some openings. There are around 15-18 teams there but they always want more. Teams include two teams from Texas, Colby, Goodland, and KMC to name a few. Always a well run tournament. Also kids who go 0-2 get more matches on the second day. Great for kids needing mat time.Sorry I dont have the contact info in front of me but I'm sure if you contact Liberal High School A.D. or wrestling coach they would be glad to have another team especially one from the tough state of OK.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Looking for teams - 11/23/06 10:50 PM

Thanks crusader, I'll let him know.
Posted By: babyg

Re: Looking for teams - 12/04/06 12:04 AM

Any other schools miss their tourney this weekend because of weather or lack of practice? Any openings for teams(a team)in tourneys on Dec. 15th or Feb. 3. ?
Posted By: Brent Lane

Re: Looking for teams - 12/05/06 02:00 AM

Louisburg High School will host a dual tournament the first weekend on January 6th 2007. There are 5 teams currently; Lansing, Tonganoxie, Gardner, St. James Academy and Louisburg.
We need one more for this year but would consider more.
In the future we plan on making this a bracketed or possibly pooled tournament.
LHS has great facilities and the tournament will be a great experience.
If you are interested in joining this tournament for this year or next, please contact Athletic Director Dave Tappan at 913-837-4329 or e-mail tappand@usd416.org.
Posted By: One Bad Dad

Re: Looking for teams - 12/07/06 07:25 PM

Look no further i have you team. It is none other than Chanute. Chanute will win it all and there is nothin columbus can do about it.
Posted By: Takedwn169

Re: Looking for teams - 12/10/06 06:27 PM

Field Kindley H.S. in Coffeyville is looking for a tournament this season either a one day or two day, because of weather cancellation of a scheduled tournament. We have two open dates that we could get a tournament in. Those are Jan. 20th and Feb. 10, 2007. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me personally or our AD Frank Sills at 620-252-6423 or sillsf@cvilleschools.com

Thank you in advance,
Faron Rodriguez
FKHS Wrestling Coach
takedwn@cox.net
Posted By: Ron Burgundy

Re: Looking for teams - 01/10/07 12:48 AM

SMOKY VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL (LINDSBORG): If anybody gets snowed out and needs to add a dual, we would like to add one team to our dual with Larned on 2/1/07. I'm pretty sure Larned is full on points, but most Smoky Valley kids have room for at least one more competition point. We have 22 kids on the team so we could provide a good # of matches for both your varsity and JV.

If interested, contact Mike Sample at msample4569@sbcglobal.net or call me at 785-452-9172.
Posted By: Coach Bloodgood

Re: Looking for teams - 01/16/07 02:56 PM

Osawatomie Kansas is looking for a tournament on February 3, or some possible duals between January 22 and February 9. If you are interested contact myself at my email address: bloodgood@usd367.k12.ks.us
We have some points available due to weather.
Posted By: Oli

Re: Looking for teams - 01/23/07 06:31 PM

Labette County High School Is starting up an individual pool format tournament. We are looking for up to 12 teams to start out with. In terms of getting kids matches you can't beat this format. It works kind of like a dual tournament only it is based on an individual format. Kids go into individual pools so thier level of competition isn't based on how well the team is doing. The big plus is every kid will wrestle 7 matches in a full 12 man bracket. It is NOT double elimination. We will wrestle on 4 mats and wrestle out to 12th place. Wrestlers will wrestle 3-4 matche on Friday and then the rest of their remaining matches on Saturday. The way it will work is they will be put into pools of 6. So EVERY wrestler will have 5 pool rounds. Then the top 2 in each pool will go into a semifinal bracket for 1st through 4th place. The next 2 in each pool will go into a 5th through 8th semifinal bracket, and the remaining wrestlers will go into a 9th through12th semi final bracket. This style tournament is excellent for kids. The reason for this is because almost all of your top wrestlers will see each other at some point in the tournament. Same with your average wrestlers and same with those who are not at experienced. The fact that the kids don't get beat out gives them lots of experience. It also keeps them withing the 5 match per day limit. The benefit of this over a dual tournament is that your their is not bumping from your top kids. Also, if you have good kids on your dual team you don't have to worry about them not meeting up with the best kids in the tournament based on how the teams perform. Same with your young kids. Your young kids are going to find kids they can compete with at some point in the tournmaent as they will eventually meet up with kids of their level. I have seen several of these tournaments before and they are excellent for every kid, not just certain kids. Most kids will walk out of this type of tournament with some wins. No more getting beat in your first two matches and then watching the rest of the team compete. They will continue wrestling like everyone else. Furthermore at least three of the top four kids will all see each other.

Team points are also kept in this format. If we don't get 10 or 12 teams we will run this same format using 8 man pools, and each kid will still get 5 matches in a full bracket. Only we would probably run it in one day instead of two.

If you think you might be interested and want more information feel free to contact us. I have a sample bracket I can send to give an idea of what the format will look like.

The Date will be Fiday & Saturday Nov. 30th and December 1. This will be contingient on there being 10-12 teams. If we only have 8 teams we will run it on Saturday only.

Contact Information
Brian Olivera
Phone: (620) 717-1993
Email: bolivera@usd506.k12.ks.us
Posted By: TRAVIUS.com

Re: Looking for teams - 01/24/07 02:49 PM

Due to the weather last weekend we missed a opportunity to compete at the Topeka High Tournament. I talked to my athletic director today and we discussed possible hosting a make up double dual or dual tournament on a weekday next week. Our gym is large enough to hold 3 or 4 mats and if enough teams are interested we could have a dual tournament after school next week. I don't know everyone's schedule but our days are flexible for next week and the week after. If interested this will be an opportunity to give our kids a maximum amount of match on a day other than Saturday.

This first email is just do get feedback. Please respond back with yes you are interested in a double dual or dual tournament or no your not interested and what days would be best for you. The sooner I get feedback the sooner I can begin to work on specifics.

All feedback is welcome.

Thanks for your consideration

Travius Stokes
Schlagle Head Coach

traviusstokes@gmail.com
Posted By: Bobby Bovaird

Re: Looking for teams - 01/26/07 02:32 AM

Washburn Rural High School (Topeka) is looking to add a new team to its Championship Dual tournament. Teams attending in 2007: Baldwin, Blue Valley North, Grandview (MO), Leavenworth, Olathe East, Wichita Kapaun, Valley Center, Wamego, and Oak Park (MO) JV. Tournament format consists of pools of 5, wrestling round-robin, with teams then matched up for finals duals. Wrestlers will get 4-5 matches on the day.

If interested, contact Bobby Bovaird, Head Coach at WRHS, at bovairob@usd437.net

Re: Looking for teams - 02/05/07 07:48 PM

Osawatomie High School is looking for teams to Dual in the 2007-08 season. Osawatomie High School usually fills a full varsity line up and has around 5-10 JV kids. The days we are looking for duals are:December 18,January 22, January 24,January 29, February 5, February 7, February 8. We are also looking to a few teams to our Wrestling Tournament on January 26, 2008. If you are interested in any of these dates please contact me at bloodgood@usd367.k12.ks.us
Posted By: masterscat

Re: Looking for teams - 02/06/07 05:37 PM

Cardinal High School of Eldon, IA is looking to add teams to their Invitational to be held Jan. 19, 2008. The tournament will feature 12 teams from Iowa, Missouri, Illinois and possibly other states. Team entry is $65 per team. If interested please contact David Nugent at sdavidnugent@hotmail.com or call (660)349-9257.

Re: Looking for teams - 02/20/07 06:28 PM

Osawatomie High School is looking to add a couple of single and double duals for the 2007-2008 wrestling season. Osawatomie has all returning wrestlers from the 2006-07 and should fill a varsity squad with around 10 JV wrestlers. If you are interested contact Coach Bloodgood at: bloodgood@usd367.k12.ks.us

Thanks
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Looking for teams - 02/20/07 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: masterscat
Cardinal High School of Eldon, IA is looking to add teams to their Invitational to be held Jan. 19, 2008. The tournament will feature 12 teams from Iowa, Missouri, Illinois and possibly other states. Team entry is $65 per team. If interested please contact David Nugent at sdavidnugent@hotmail.com or call (660)349-9257.

$65 per team? That sounds cheap...or is that average for tournaments?

Re: Looking for teams - 03/05/07 06:28 PM

Platte County HS - Platte City, MO is looking for 1 team for its Invitational on January 18-19. 12 teams, 2 pools of 6, top 2 in each pool advance to championship bracket and the next 2 will wrestle out to 8th. Current teams: Platte County (MO), Omaha Skutt Catholic (NE), Labette Co. (KS), Kirksville (MO), Harrisonville (MO), Excelsior Springs (MO), Jefferson City Helias (MO), Neosho (MO), Odessa (MO), Warren County (MO), Seneca (MO).

Contact Phil Dorman if interested 816-858-2822 x203
Posted By: mike gianfala

Re: Looking for teams - 03/06/07 01:28 PM

GA dual tournament looking for teams for their 2007 Christmas Duals held Dec. 28-29. Each team will wrestle 9 duals! Last years field included teams from: GA, OH, VA, FL, NC, AL, LA. I have already had interest from PA and NJ for this years event. This is always a great tournament with plenty of mat time and good competition.

For more information, email me at mike.gianfala@cherokee.k12.ga.us
Posted By: McLaughlin

Re: Looking for teams - 03/08/07 02:37 AM

Jefferson City High School(MO) is looking for a dual meet for next season. Our date is Tuesday January 22 or Wednesday January 23, 2008 (with the corresponding date the next season). We would need to travel to your place next year and host the season after.

We are a Class 4(largest) class school 30 minutes south of Columbia via I70-MOHy63(or from a Kansas point of view we are 150 miles from Olathe via I35-I435-MOHy50). Varsity, JV and as many exhibitions as you wish available.

Email Coach Mike McLaughlin at mike.mclaughlin@jcps.k12.mo.us or call 573-659-3050.

Re: Looking for teams - 03/09/07 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: mike gianfala
GA dual tournament looking for teams for their 2007 Christmas Duals held Dec. 28-29. Each team will wrestle 9 duals! Last years field included teams from: GA, OH, VA, FL, NC, AL, LA. I have already had interest from PA and NJ for this years event. This is always a great tournament with plenty of mat time and good competition.

For more information, email me at mike.gianfala@cherokee.k12.ga.us

If it is in Georgia nobody can go...that is over the 500.
Posted By: Gary Seibel

Re: Looking for teams - 03/13/07 11:28 AM

Salina South is looking for a tournament for the first weekend in February. If there are tournament openings out there, please contact me at gary.seibel@usd305.com.

Gary Seibel
Salina South
Posted By: excardinal

Re: Looking for teams - 03/27/07 12:30 PM

Anderson County is also looking for a tournament the 1st weekend of February. We have dropped the conference tournament and are looking for another tournament to put in its place. Contact Coach Hancock at hancock.ac@usd365.k12.ks.us or 785-448-3115

Re: Looking for teams - 03/30/07 08:08 PM

Jefferson City High School in Jefferson City, MO has a tournament opening for 1 team on Friday January 11-Saturday January 12, 2008. The tournament opening is for both your varsity and junior varsity squad as there are tournaments for both run at the same time.

For more information, contact head coach Mike McLaughlin at mike.mclaughlin@jcps.k12.mo.us or 573-659-3050.
Posted By: Brent Lane

Re: Looking for teams - 04/20/07 02:20 AM

We have added teams to our tournament, but are looking for more. Here are the teams:

Louisburg
Lansing
Gardner Edgerton
Tonganoxie
St. James Acadamie
Blue Valley Northwest
Blue Valley West
Pembroke Hill (MO)
Bishop Ward
KC Wyandotte

There are possibly 1 other team (been sent contracts and have agreed to come, but we have not got the contract back yet.)

We will be wrestling pools to a championship bracket or possibly semifinal. Wrestlers will get 5 matches in a day. Great facilities to host a tourney.

If your are interested, send me an e-mail. We would love to host some teams from west of us, ie... Western Kansas. We could talk about hosting your team (providing a place to stay) if need be.

laneb@usd416.org or call 913-837-4329 ext. 205
Posted By: excardinal

Re: Looking for teams - 05/03/07 06:54 PM

Anderson County is looking for a few teams to attend it's tournament on Dec. 8, 2007. We now have 9-10 smaller teams involved in our tournament and have room to add 3-4 teams. If you have any questions contact Coach Hancock at hancock.ac@usd365.k12.ks.us or call at 785-448-3376 cell or 785-448-3115 school.

Re: Looking for teams - 05/09/07 06:35 PM

Olathe Northwest has openings for two varsity/jv duals next season. The first date is Tuesday December 11 or Wednesday December 12, 2007. The second date is Tuesday January 8 or Wednesday January 9, 2008. Please contact head coach Matt Jones at mjonesonw@olatheschools.com or 913-780-7150.
Posted By: shawn silvis

Re: Looking for teams - 05/24/07 02:20 PM

Ark City is hosting a tournament on December first 2007 and looking for any team interested in participating. Current Kansas teams already comming are Ark City, Emporia, Goddard, Maize, and West High. Oklahom teams are Yukon and Stillwater. Would like to have at least five more teams if we can. If interested e-mail coach silvis at shawn.silvis@usd470.com or call the high school at 620-441-2010.

Re: Looking for teams - 05/24/07 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: shawn silvis
Ark City is hosting a tournament on December first 2007 and looking for any team interested in participating. Current Kansas teams already comming are Ark City, Emporia, Goddard, Maize, and West High. Oklahom teams are Yukon and Stillwater. Would like to have at least five more teams if we can. If interested e-mail coach silvis at shawn.silvis@usd470.com or call the high school at 620-441-2010.

Is it snowing in Ark City?! Silvis on a computer?! WOW!!!!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums