Kansas Wrestling

Brothers On The Same Team

Posted By: jojo

Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 03:53 PM

I was just curious how many brother combinations are out there. I will start. Both wrestle for Colby.
Konnor Kriss 103lb (9)
Tanner Kriss 215lb (12)
Posted By: Nate Naasz

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 04:04 PM

Lincoln
140-Kyle Zachgo (10)
171-Cole zachgo (12)
Posted By: greatplns

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 04:11 PM

Abilene:
Quinton Wuthnow 145 (12)
Ryan Wuthnow 160 (12)
Taylor Wuthnow 215 (11)
Posted By: doug747

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 04:29 PM

Come on Tanner, quit hogging dinner........

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 04:33 PM

Thats funny!! laugh
Posted By: wrstlmom1970

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 04:38 PM

Scott City
Dakota Hayes-140(11)
Luke Hayes-189(9)
Posted By: GEwrestler135

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 04:54 PM

gardner
greg curtis- 12
todd curtis- 11

tyler stokes- 12
tj stokes- 9
Posted By: vike82

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 05:07 PM

Rossville

Joe Wehner 125(9th)
Hunter Wehner 119(12th)

Their cousin is wrestling also
Jake Wehner 189(11th)
Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 05:17 PM

Walker and Texas Ranger Bobby are by far the premo brother combo in the world.

Twins:
Trevor and Travis Rempe of Smith Center
Cameron and Zach Jesseph of Chanute (not sure if Zach's wrestling anymore)
Cody and Dilion Wildin of Marion

Older and younger siblings:
Cody and Alex Bontz of Wichita Independent

Not sure if they're brothers or not:
Josh and Jared Sanches of Shawnee Mission West
Jake and Josh Umscheid of Andover Central
Carlos and Deigo Galloway of Stockton
Kaenon and Landon Keiswetter of Norton
Austin and Bryce Hood of Louisburg
Boaz and Dalton Beard of Goddard
Clint and Travis Janzen Hesston
Nicholas and Darren Mueller of Hillsboro
Adam and David Petrie of Blue Valley Northwest
Clayton and Donovan Schamberger of Hoxie
Taite and Chase Nelson of Wichita Heights
Posted By: Nate Naasz

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 05:43 PM

Cade & Conner Hewitt of Beloit (Dad is an assistant coach)
Posted By: superstar

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 06:04 PM

John @ Joey Siale from Chaparral big bro at 171 little bro at 215
Posted By: new2wrestling

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 06:06 PM

Different mothers,fathers and nationalities.
Posted By: RJW1

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: jojo
I was just curious how many brother combinations are out there. I will start. Both wrestle for Colby.
Konnor Kriss 103lb (9)
Tanner Kriss 215lb (12)

Pretty good pair of wrestlers and kids. What is amazing about our team this year is the Kriss family tree that makes up a huge part of our varsity wrestling team. Dryden Baumfalk's (119) mom was a Kriss, Bob Schroeder's (125) and Luke Schroeder's (135) grandmother was a Kriss, and of course Tanner and Konnor.

(Insert your Western Kansas gene pool joke here--ha beat you to it!) laugh
Posted By: perry 130lbs

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 06:32 PM

chris callahan (10) JV 135lbs under madden
Jacob callahan (12) V 130lbs SQ

Brothers from perry-lecompton highschool
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 06:32 PM

What pool? It's just a puddle!

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: RJW1
Konnor Kriss 103lb (9)
Tanner Kriss 215lb (12)

Pretty good pair of wrestlers and kids. What is amazing about our team this year is the Kriss family tree that makes up a huge part of our varsity wrestling team. Dryden Baumfalk's (119) mom was a Kriss, Bob Schroeder's (125) and Luke Schroeder's (135) grandmother was a Kriss, and of course Tanner and Konnor.

Did a quick check and added it up. These five guys have combined for 120 varsity wins for us THIS YEAR.
Posted By: tbrummer

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: usawks1
What pool? It's just a puddle!

You mean an oasis on the plains!

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 06:49 PM

... or a 4-person hot tub or maybe a galvanized stock tank!

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 07:14 PM

I apologize! I was redundant in my last post. In Western Kansas, a 4-person hot tub IS a galvanized stock tank with a trolling motor!
Posted By: KANSAS PRIDE

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 07:31 PM

Ryan Houlden and Trey Houlden from Goddard
Posted By: GregMann

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 07:32 PM

Don't forget the Bainter brothers, Troy & Zach, at Norton.

Greg Mann
Norton
Posted By: brycehoodfan

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 07:47 PM

Bryce and Austin Hood are the best brothers over all and next year when they add Cullen Hood to the line-up that dual of brothers will be unstoppable.
Posted By: ccam

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Actually they are brothers and there is a third brother, Bret. They are Senior, Sophomore, and Freshman, respectively.
Posted By: adfasdfajks

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 10:47 PM

There is 3 or 4 petersens from smokey valley, but i couldn't tell you if they're brothers or not, and Cole and Jason Zoglman from garden plain but i don't know of they're brothers or not.
Posted By: birddog

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/10/09 11:05 PM

How about the Bontz Brothers - Codie and Alex(Sugar Bear)Bontz,
are both studs - they wrestle out of Wichita Independent and both of them are forces to be reckoned with.
Posted By: D Petrie119

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 02:43 AM

BVNW
Adam Petrie (112)
David Petrie (119)
Posted By: doug747

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 02:47 AM

Jason and Cole are cousins

Willie (152)and Colton Eck(119) from Andale.
Posted By: chewie

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 02:51 AM

Tyler Anderson (135) 11
Zach Anderson (160) 10
Posted By: wrestleu

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 12:08 PM

Austin (145) & Taylor Baird (160) - Pratt
Posted By: jdunk

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 12:36 PM

Mountain Range, Westminster,Co by way of Maize Ks. Bryce Dunkelberger (11) 160# Garrett Dunkelberger (10) 171#
Posted By: Husker Fan

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 08:18 PM

Walker and Texas Ranger Bobby are by far the premo brother combo in the world.

Twins:
Trevor and Travis Rempe of Smith Center
Cameron and Zach Jesseph of Chanute (not sure if Zach's wrestling anymore)
Cody and Dilion Wildin of Marion

Older and younger siblings:
Cody and Alex Bontz of Wichita Independent

Josh and Jared Sanches of Shawnee Mission West
Jake and Josh Umscheid of Andover Central
Carlos and Deigo Galloway of Stockton
Kaenon and Landon Keiswetter of Norton
Austin and Bryce Hood of Louisburg
Boaz and Dalton Beard of Goddard
Clint and Travis Janzen Hesston
Adam and David Petrie of Blue Valley Northwest
Clayton and Donovan Schamberger of Hoxie

Ricky, the Sanches brothers from SM West are twin brothers.

I have to say, Ricky, that it never ceases to amaze me on how much detailed knowledge that a championship racecar driver from the South has about Kansas high school wrestling. Are you on your off season or have you retired from racing?

Are you getting all revved up about the Kansas boys about to take on those Misery boys again in a few weeks?

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 08:47 PM

Not really. I wish we could organize a dual between Oklahoma and Kansas that would be real nice. Here are some matchups I can think of between southern Kansas boys vs. northern Oklahoma boys:
125/130 Trent Cox of Maize vs. Ladd Rupp of Perry (3x State Champ)
135 CJ Napier of Columbus or Kendric Maple of Wichita Heights vs. Jeremy Goree of East Central Tulsa (2x State Champ)
152 Chris Watson of Andover Central or Ryan Houlden of Goddard vs. Stephen Swan from Perry (2x State Champ)
189 Boaz Beard of Goddard vs. Chris Perry of Stillwater (3x State Champ)
189 Nate Davis of Liberal vs. Blake Rosholt of Ponca City (Brothers wrestled at OSU)

Just watching some of these matches would beat a lot of the state finals matchups these guys will have this year.
Posted By: deeohh

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 10:27 PM

Last year Columbus had brother and sister Dannette O'Hara 119 a senior and brother B.T. O'Hara 140 a freshman, their father would have been a coach but he could not pass the background check.
Posted By: LancerLou

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 10:47 PM

The following article is taken from the SME School Newspaper and is about 3 brothers on the wrestling team.

The Hill brothers continue to improve in wrestling through hard work and sibling motivation
Written By: Harbinger Staff

Sweat dripping off of his exhausted face, sophomore David Hill takes a quick glance to his left; no one. He slowly shifts his head forward, now focusing on every individual stair, regaining his pace. He fires a look to his right. A look of panic suddenly comes over him. It’s his freshmen brothers Blake and Blaine Hill.
As he turns the corner down the north ramp, his jog becomes an all-out sprint. Rounding the turn into the homestretch, he takes one final stride to finish off the daily conditioning for wrestling practice.
Almost as soon as he finishes, he turns around just to make sure that he had won. A grin comes across his face.
The Hill brothers have always been competitive. They still are, their aggressiveness has helped them to move up to the varsity level as underclassman.
™Growing up we were competitive, David said. ™We would play basketball, we’d run, or just wrestle in the house.
And they’re all doing just fine this season. All three have solid resumes including recent success in meets. At the Northwest tournament, Blaine went 4-0, finishing first. Blake finished second in the same tournament, going 3-1. David’s last meet was at Piper, and he went 3-1, finishing second.
™I would say they all probably have at least 20 wins, JV coach Jason Filbeck said. ™And none of them have more than 5 losses.
Their chidhood days usually consisted of petty little games, including their personal favorite, wrestling. They had no mats or gear. They had no referee watching their every move, or a coach hollering from the sideline. They had a backyard, a couple of lawn chairs, and each other. That’s all they needed.
™Any kind of game we could make up we played, Blaine said.
Although they didn’t wrestle in a competitive league, they had all the experience they needed from their backyard brawls.
These competitive games also helped this trio of brothers find their forte, sport. They were soon competing for local basketball and football teams, their competitive drive as evident as it was during their backyard scruffs.
When it came time for high school, the oldest brother , David, 16, chose wrestling as his winter sport. But just like so many freshman wrestlers, he did not pick everything up immediately.
™I felt inexperienced on the first day, David said. ™I knew no moves or anything.
But he made up for the initial inexperience with hard work.
™A lot of times he’ll be done a lap before anyone else during conditioning, Filbeck said. ™And he always asks us permission to run another, of course we let him.
His hard work is the first thing you notice when you see him. His determination to keep going also is one of his trademarks. Even through injury he continues to tough it out.
™Right now David has cauliflower ears, Blaine said. ™It’s when your ears get rubbed and swell up.
Most wrestlers would take a break after this injury, but not David, he just went to the doctor, got the problem fixed and moved on. This trait in him is one that has helped him to win awards like, ™JV Wrestler of the Year and ™Hardest Worker for the 2007-08 JV team. This trait is also seen in his two younger brothers.
™Both Blake and Blaine are very hardworking, Ufford said. ™They’re also very strong and athletic.
Blake and Blaine are just two standouts among an impressive freshman class.
This year’s class is one that Ufford said is the most promising freshman class he’s seen in a while.
David has helped to inspire this year’s freshman class.
™When other wrestlers see him win a match, we always say, oh he’s in betters shape, Filbeck said. ™And they say well maybe if we worked that hard we could be winning too.
David’s hard work tends to bring up everyone around him. He has a habit of inspiring his brothers. As a matter of fact, he’s the one that convinced them to wrestle in the first place.
™I was going to do basketball, Blake said. ™But David was wrestling so I wanted to be in the same sport as him.
With this gut decision, Blake and Blaine joined the wrestling team. But just like their older brother, they started off slow.
™The first day was so confusing, Blaine said.
Both Blake and Blaine were inexperienced with the concept of a move and nearly everything else that goes along with it. But they caught on quick.
They began to pick up everything in stride. The moves began to feel more natural and the conditioning began to feel easier. They continuously came to their practices, giving every sprint, weight lift and drill their full effort.
All three of the Hill’s impressive showings did not go unnoticed. They were all moved up to practice with varsity, all as underclassmen, creating a unique situation, three brothers competing with the varsity team. A situation rarely seen in high school wrestling.
™I can only remember a couple instances where we’ve had a situation like this, varsity wrestling coach Chip Ufford said.
Although sometimes the over hyped brother combo can result in a bust. But unlike all brother combinations, the Hill’s consistently show traits of hard work and determination.
™They don’t want to let the other brother beat them, Ufford said. ™They push each other out there.
And this trait is evident on the mat. Each brother is fiercely competitive, especially with each other. But when they’re not wrestling it is easy to see just how good of friends these brothers are.
™We’re with each other basically all the time, Blake said. ™On the weekends we’ll stay home and hang out, or play football.
Instead of spending their time resting from the exhaustion that comes with wrestling, the Hills would rather be playing outside. They would rather be doing anything then sitting inside and gazing at a television screen. They go outside to stay in shape, but they don’t mind messing around once in a while.
™Blaine, um, sometimes rubs boogers on me, Blake said. ™It can get really annoying.
Sometimes the brotherly love is friendly, sometimes it’s honest and harsh, but the Hills are there to help each other improve, whether in school or out on the mat. Actually, the Hills have a tendency to help the entire East wrestling team improve.
And hopefully they will continue to improve an already outstanding East team. Last year East took fourth in state with a Regional and Sunflower championship. And with the addition of three outstanding brothers, things are only looking up.
They are helping out teammates, winning matches, and most of all, working hard.
™David always works so hard and his little brothers have the exact same traits, Filbeck said. ™Must be good parenting I guess.

Posted By: KansasBoy

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 11:01 PM

In A few years great bend will have all three of the burleys all on one team
Posted By: Husker Fan

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 11:10 PM

Not really. I wish we could organize a dual between Oklahoma and Kansas that would be real nice. Here are some matchups I can think of between southern Kansas boys vs. northern Oklahoma boys:
125/130 Trent Cox of Maize vs. Ladd Rupp of Perry (3x State Champ)
135 CJ Napier of Columbus or Kendric Maple of Wichita Heights vs. Jeremy Goree of East Central Tulsa (2x State Champ)
152 Chris Watson of Andover Central or Ryan Houlden of Goddard vs. Stephen Swan from Perry (2x State Champ)
189 Boaz Beard of Goddard vs. Chris Perry of Stillwater (3x State Champ)
189 Nate Davis of Liberal vs. Blake Rosholt of Ponca City (Brothers wrestled at OSU)

Just watching some of these matches would beat a lot of the state finals matchups these guys will have this year.

I don't know too much about those Oklahoma wrestlers although I do know that Perry is top rated nationally and that would be a great match to watch with him and Beard. I know that those Rosholt brothers at OSU are great wrestlers so I am sure Blake must be good too. You sure did pick some good Kansas wrestlers though. It is good to see that you NASCAR guys are keeping up with our Kansas high school wrestling. Are you at least planning on watching our Kansas Ciy Kansas metro wrestlers take on those Kansas City Misery wrestlers in action this year? I heard they are selling Mountain Dew at the event this year!
Posted By: wrestle strong

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 11:37 PM

Next year Bairds will have a 3rd brother on the same team. Mitchell Baird.
Posted By: John Leupold

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/11/09 11:50 PM

Hiawatha currently has Chris and Nick Babel and Mike and Jeff Costa. Next year they will have a third set of Brothers with Camron and Branden Leupold.
Posted By: racer12x

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/12/09 03:14 AM

well lets see we have 3 brothers on st. james
twins jack (152) t.j. (140) 11th grade and dustin (135) 10th all in just there 2nd year !!!!!! fun to watch, great time of the year to be a dad !!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: W-MOM-2008

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/12/09 03:20 PM

Olathe North High School

Brent Butler (9) 130 (JV)
Mark Butler (10) 140 (V)
Andrew Butler (12) 135 (V)

GO EAGLES!
Posted By: Mahan

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/12/09 03:58 PM

Logan (little) Livengood 103 FR.
Joel (Big) Livengood 171 SR.
Hugoton
Posted By: sawitten

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/12/09 07:06 PM

Maize High School

Colby Witten (10) 103
Tarrance Witten (12) 135
Posted By: RedStorm

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/13/09 02:38 AM

Konnor Kriss 103lb (9)
Tanner Kriss 215lb (12)

... Kriss family tree that makes up a huge part of our varsity wrestling team. Dryden Baumfalk's (119) mom was a Kriss, Bob Schroeder's (125) and Luke Schroeder's (135) grandmother was a Kriss, and of course Tanner and Konnor...

Western Kansas joke: sounds more like a family bush.

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/13/09 02:59 AM

Zing!!!
Posted By: MAS

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/13/09 03:06 AM

Konnor Kriss 103lb (9)
Tanner Kriss 215lb (12)

Talking to parent's tonight at the dual and they mentioned we missed one Heath Stephens (140)His grandmother is a cousin Schroeder Grandma family. Oh yeah our manager is Krisstal Kriss also a cousin.
Posted By: wrestling_4_life

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/13/09 03:30 AM

next year hoxie will have two brother combo's:
Dylan and Brady Bainter
Dillon and Brandon Salmans

And for cousins:
Clayton and Donovan Schamberger
Calvin Ochs and Kane Washington
PJ Carter and Britton Sealock
Chris and Mat Heim

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/13/09 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: RedStorm

Western Kansas joke: sounds more like a family bush.

Originally Posted By: MAS
Konnor Kriss 103lb (9)
Tanner Kriss 215lb (12)

Talking to parent's tonight at the dual and they mentioned we missed one Heath Stephens (140)His grandmother is a cousin Schroeder Grandma family. Oh yeah our manager is Krisstal Kriss also a cousin.

Heath is a cousin to the Schroeder boys, but not part of the Kriss family bush! laugh
Posted By: wrestler155

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/13/09 01:15 PM

Out of all those combinations of brothers who has the best record put together?

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/13/09 02:12 PM

Kriss boys 61-3 .953%
Posted By: 24/7

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/13/09 02:20 PM

That is pretty damn good!!!!!

24/7
Posted By: wrestler155

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/13/09 02:23 PM

i know the wuthnow brothers are 99-12
Posted By: KSWrestler2011

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/13/09 04:52 PM

Bryce Hood - 135, Louisburg
Austin Hood - 103, Louisburg

Possibly the best brother combo. Next year another brother will be added (Cullen Hood) so it will be an amazing trio.
Posted By: SESwrestler

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 12:20 AM

Southeast Saline
Braden Long (11) 171
Brock Long (9) 145
Posted By: shwrestlingmom

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 12:59 AM

Tyler Willis 145 Freshman
Austin Willis 152 Junior
shawnee Heights
Posted By: 3badboyz

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 01:04 AM

Back in the day (80's) Toby and Todd Johnson Beloit, Mark and Billy Johnson Flinthills and Jeff and Mike Bowles, Lyons. Are the Deshazers at Heights brothers or cousins?
Posted By: powercat1

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 01:14 AM

Leavenworth
Justin (12) #189 and Jacob (10) #160 Colver
Joshua (11) #215 and Jordan (9) 130 Bush

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 01:24 AM

Nope the DeShazers are cousins. Daniel, Jr. (Dap) is the younger brother of Tristen who is currently a redshirt Sophomore at Northern Illinois. Daniel and Tristen may be the best brothers in Kansas history with four state championships for Tristen and Daniel could very likely win four of his own. This would make them the first 4XState Champion brothers in Kansas. Another great brother trio was the Baker boys from Hoxie, Tyler was a 3X champ (wrestles for UNK), Travis won it twice (wrestled and ran track at Nebraska) and Trent might have one it once. Pretty sure they were all 4X placers can’t remember exactly I’m going off memory and inhaled enough fumes from my racecar to have gotten rid of many of my functioning brain cells.
Posted By: racer12x

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 02:33 AM

what about the medina brothers. mike the coach @ st james, and gonz who owns blue chip wrestling. how many did they when ?
Posted By: ZedStomper

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 03:11 AM

Heights

Ullysess Deshazer (9)
Daniel Deshazer (10)
(Cousins)

Lonzo Davis (11)
Dondre Davis (12)

Trey Schrimsher (10)
Jeremy Schrimsher (11)

Justin Larson (11)
Derrick Larson (9)

and Last Year

Juwan Peart (9)
Quinton Edwards (12)

Taite Nelson (11)
Chase Nelson (12)
(not related in anyway)
weeeew Handful huh?

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 03:17 AM

And you have the Nelson's who aren't related but should be just to add to the madness.
Posted By: ZedStomper

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 03:27 AM

there
Posted By: shwrestlingmom

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 03:54 AM

Vesta brothers @ Manhattan Jeff and Zach i believe
Posted By: PurpleDad

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/19/09 04:32 AM

Beau Bennett 215 Jr

Broc Bennett 189 Fr

Pittsburg High School
Posted By: wrestling-103

Re: Brothers On The Same Team - 02/28/09 02:46 AM

Ryan and Quinton Wuthnow from Abilene are twins. Both great wrestlers!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums