Kansas Wrestling

KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups

Posted By: Ryan karjala

KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/17/09 01:47 PM

Senior Classic
7:00 pm March 27, 2009 at the Topeka Expocenter
Red-Small Schools (4A and 321A) Blue - Big Schools (5A and 6A)
Matt Sims-Colby Brett Means, Goddard
Brock Hutchinson, Smith Center Greg Buckbee-Emporia

EXH Chris Watson Andover Central verses Tyler Caldwell Goddard
103 Luke Cole Abilene verses Roger Windham Derby
119 Dan Weigel Plainville verses Diamond Wilson Wichita North
119 Nathan Furches Clearwater verses Jeff Vesta Manhattan
125 Zach Peters Augusta verses Chaz Lawrence Olathe South
125 Devin Frye Eureka verses Justin Rose Emporia
130 Aaron Geist Osbourne verses Trent Cox Maize
135 Cade Hewitt Beloit verses Sal Tovar Emporia
135 CJ Napier Columbus verses Kendric Maple Wichita Heights
140 Zach Bainter Norton verses Linwood Peoples BVNW
140 Cameron Jesseph Chanute verses Tavo Dikin Emporia
145 Cas Spangler Beloit verses Mitchell Means Goddard
145 Trevor Rempe Smith Center verses Colby Crank Hutchinson
152 Marshall McCall Smith Center verses Blake Fullbright Maize
160 Ryan Wuthnow Abilene verses Kyle Detmer Bishop Carroll
171 Breck Arnberger Colby verses Alex Feldkamp Derby
189 Sawyer Krone Beloit verses Nate Davis Liberal
189 Darnel Bortz Pratt verses
215 Steve Kyler Ellsworth verses Luciano Gutierrez Turner
EXH Tanner Kriss Colby verses Boaz Beard Goddard

Posted By: lakemats

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/17/09 02:18 PM

this might be one of the most anticipated senior classic duals of all time. personally cant wait to see watson/caldwell, furches/vesta, napier/maple, bainter/peoples, spangler/means, kriss/beard. most years the big match-ups disappoint. i really dont think that will be the case this year. what are some of your favorite all time senior classic match-ups? any prdictions for this dual?
Posted By: smokeycabin

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/17/09 07:46 PM

Nice lineup. I hope they train for this. A little out of shape could be a problem for one or the other.
Posted By: Dean Welsh

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/17/09 08:54 PM

EXH Chris Watson Andover Central verses Tyler Caldwell Goddard

Why is the one called an 'EXH'and the others are not? Did Watson win two state high school titles?
Posted By: Isenberg133

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/17/09 10:50 PM

my guess the Exhibition match is because they are actually different weights?
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/18/09 02:18 AM

WOW.  Of all nights, I can't make this event. Incredible match-ups!

And....... I get to change my All-Class tie at 135!
Posted By: Curtis Chenoweth

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/18/09 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
WOW.  Of all nights, I can't make this event. Incredible match-ups!

And....... I get to change my All-Class tie at 135!

Unless they end up in a tie... grin

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/18/09 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Aldon Isenberg135

Watson 52? Caldwell 60?

Was Watson a two-time HS champ?

Thanks.
Posted By: Stevie08

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/18/09 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: dwelsh
Originally Posted By: Aldon Isenberg135

Watson 52? Caldwell 60?

Was Watson a two-time HS champ?

Thanks.

Yes, two-time champ and one-time runner-up.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/18/09 09:12 PM

Stevie, good info. Thank you.
Posted By: BigPin22

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/18/09 09:48 PM

Caldwell by major decision
Posted By: Coach Brown

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/19/09 12:06 AM

The reason that the Caldwell/Watson match is an exhibtion is because both of them wrestle in larger schools and therefore would have been on the same team. As to not give an advantage to the larger schools, and the interest in seeing this match, we made it a non-scoring exhibition.

Brown

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/19/09 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: BigPin22

Don't bet on that.
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/19/09 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: BigPin22
I know both of these boys, I want in on some of this action. Won't happen.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/19/09 02:29 AM

It will be 2 points either way.
Posted By: J Murdock

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/19/09 02:46 AM

I agree Watson has beat Chase Nelson,and Chase took Caldwell to overtime.
Should be a great match!I hope to make it to Topeka to see some of these great match-ups.Kriss and Beard will be good also and then Napier and Maple itself will be worth the price of admission.
Jason Murdock

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/19/09 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Coach Brown
The reason that the Caldwell/Watson match is an exhibtion is because both of them wrestle in larger schools and therefore would have been on the same team. As to not give an advantage to the larger schools, and the interest in seeing this match, we made it a non-scoring exhibition.

Brown

Now, that makes more sense to me. I viewed them ALL as exhibition matches since they are not going on anybody's career record or anything . . .
Posted By: themat

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/19/09 11:10 AM

It would be nice if someone tapes these and put on you-tube. I would love to see all these guy's wrestle. But, I wish all them luck and no one gets hurt. Pray God protect them from harm.
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/19/09 01:15 PM

carfule chief, mike, big pin is a professional gambler. you better hold on to your money. it may be too late he's already got you both sucked in. opens up with a "suckers" bet, a can miss, jsut to get you to open your pocket book. then two weeks later you guys will be hocking your computers, tryin to pay him off. then who's going to do the rankings? who would move into the top 5 (posters that is).

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/19/09 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: themat
It would be nice if someone tapes these and put on you-tube. I would love to see all these guy's wrestle. But, I wish all them luck and no one gets hurt. Pray God protect them from harm.

These DVD's would sell! Is anyone planning on taping this?

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 12:19 AM

To all,
I will talk to some of the other members and we can see about selling the DVDs, as far as them ALL being exhibtion matches you are correct. The matches are just for pride, I think the athletes are less interested in who wins as a team than the fans are, but it is a very exciting event!

Go Smalls!!!!!!!and Bigs(can't show favortism)

Browns
Posted By: Doug Vander Linden

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 12:26 AM

All -

The Kansas Wrestling Coaches Association is planning to put together a narrated DVD of both the East Kansas Senior Classic and the 2009 Big School/Small School Senior Classic!!

Randy Hinderliter will be the PA man for East Kansas Senior Classic!! Legendary Radio Man Fig Millan will be providing the commentary for the KWCA Big School/Small School Senior Classic. These will be some great matches to watch and it will be great to hear the commentary being provided for these great match-ups!

The cost of the DVD will be $20 from the KWCA and this includes shipping. The profit from these DVD sales will go to the KWCA Scholarship Fund to support our 7 state college wrestling programs!

We will have the order form on the KWCA Web Site by the weekend, and we will also have copies at the events. Check out www.kansaswrestling.org by the weekend to get your order form, complete it and mail it to me at the address on the form.

Thanks for supporting the KWCA as we work to promote wrestling at ALL LEVELS from youth wrestling, to middle school wrestling, to high school wrestling, and finally up to Kansas College Programs and Kansas Wrestlers in College!

Doug Vander Linden
KWCA Treasurer

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 12:31 AM

Vander Linden is the man with a plan every time!

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 12:40 AM

Plus a $5 D.Q. gift certificate looking for a good home!!

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 01:43 AM

Hey keep that on the down low...we don't want everybody thinking they deserve a DQ coupon...those are saved for the select few picked worthy by Malay...his acceptance policy is very strict and his methods of communication are stone-age..he just got a bagphone for his car off of a guy at the truck-stop in Hays!!!
Browns
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 03:00 AM

How about he forgo the bag phone and invest in a razor? Last time I checked Chewbacca was jealous of his mane... ha ha

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 03:44 AM

yea he has a very nice facial-fro that glistens in the fog as it picks up moisture
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 01:54 PM

i want the dvds, but this is a must see in person. wrestling fans young and old will be able to say they saw some of kansas' all time best go head to head, what a line-up. i'm not too much of a stats guy, but how many state championships here? how many all-americans? how many head to head match-ups in the last four years (redemption/revenge)?

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 02:09 PM

Another fantastic effort by Doug Vander Linden and all of those involved in these two dual events! I am unable to make the Big/Small dual but will be first in line to get the DVD's!
Posted By: Bearcat13

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 02:15 PM

Greetings; Just found this site and had to join. Can anyone tell me more about the Senior Classic Dual? Id est, where it will be held, what time does the wrestling begin? Is is sponsored by KWCA? How does one obtain press credentials? I've been trying to "google it up" as I have a wrestler in the event and want to cover it. Thanks.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 04:35 PM

For members of the media, please e-mail dougvanderlinden@hotmail.com. I will put you on the Pass Gate for Friday night only. You will need to use the Handicap Entrance at the ExpoCentre which is where our Pass Gate Table will be setup. You will need to show me your press credentials then at the table. Thanks for checking!

TO ALL KWCA MEMBER COACHES: 2008-2009 members will get in free by coming in through the Pass Gate as well and checking their name off the list. Check our your membership status at www.kansaswrestling.org. If you are not a member, you can still become a member by e-mailing me for a membership form!!

Doug Vander Linden
Burlington Wrestling
KWCA Treasurer
Posted By: Bill Johnson

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 07:03 PM

For those of you not able to make it in person, listen on KQNK.com

Norton Radio Station KQNK will be broadcasting the entire 2009 Sr. Classic. You can listen to every match, and there should be some good ones. The voice of the Norton High School Bluejays, Fig Millan will be the announcer. He plans to also do a pre-match show that will feature interviews with coaches and Wrestlers. Pre-Match show to begin at 6:30 pm.

Again that is KQNK.com

6:30 pm. Pre-Match Show
7:00 pm. Wrestling Begins

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 08:07 PM

Thanks Bill!
Posted By: clarkmom

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/20/09 10:44 PM

where is the 112lb class?? Ornelas?? Calahan??
Posted By: moeder

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/24/09 11:08 PM

Anyone have a response for clarkmom? I also was wondering why 112 was not represented.
Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/25/09 01:11 AM

Probably because there was only one placer who was a Senior form 5A or 6A in Jack Wenzel of Wichita-North.
Posted By: Chewbac

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/25/09 01:57 AM

NO heavyweights or what
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/25/09 04:54 PM

140 should have matched up Peoples v Jesseph and Bainter v Dikin. I believe this would have been the best match ups.
Posted By: MikeHunt

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/25/09 06:50 PM

Its too bad that out of 64 schools that we could not come up with a worthy opponent for callahan or ornelas. Or possibly had an exh for one of those two guys with 03 or 19 lber. Both have the credentials to be in this event.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/25/09 07:47 PM

Maybe during special cases such as this, they can allow JUNIORS to wrestle. . . Just a thought.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/25/09 07:55 PM

11 to 6 bigs...
Posted By: lakemats

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/26/09 12:35 AM

32-22 bigs
Posted By: MikeHunt

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/26/09 03:04 PM

Are you counting the forfeit at 112, Chief? Didnt the Callahan kid win around 170 matches in HS? What is the criteria for wrestling in this event?
Posted By: usawks1

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/26/09 03:12 PM

Callahan and Ornelas did wrestle last Friday at the East Kansas Senior Classic! Ornelas won ... just barely!

It would be a great match-up for this week too but as Coach Church has suggested in another thread, it would require another exhibition! (which I see nothing wrong in it)

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/26/09 04:26 PM

After the regular season and state FINALS are OVER, aren't they ALL exhibition matches until and unless the young men start college wrestling careers?
Posted By: ZeezDAD

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/26/09 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Cokeley
140 should have matched up Peoples v Jesseph and Bainter v Dikin. I believe this would have been the best match ups.

Can you explain that further. I have watched all of these boys wrestle, except Dikin. I believe that all 4 boys could beat any of the other 3 on any given day. If you think Bainter isn't at the level of the others you'll be suprised. I know he will be in good condition. He is a distance runner and conditioning will not be a problem. I have been looking forward to that match because I think Bainter might supprise some Peoples.
Posted By: Wt.145_1999

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/26/09 05:30 PM

171-19 to be exact. Tied his older brother Kevin for most wins in Kansas for a career.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/26/09 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: dwelsh
After the regular season and state FINALS are OVER, aren't they ALL exhibition matches until and unless the young men start college wrestling careers?

Those that determine the team score are not exhibition.
Posted By: BigPin22

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/26/09 05:37 PM

I have 11-6 for the big schools too. 34-18

I gave the benefit of the doubt to the small school match-ups!

Plus the big schools have two of their best wrestlers not scoring points for their team because they are in "exhibition" matches.

Small schools would have gotten a win a 112lbs. if there was a match-up.
Posted By: ChadLindsley

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/26/09 10:14 PM

Expect to hear a small change in the lineup for the bigs. I am choosing to say what it is at this point because I am not sure if it is 100% official. It is not a huge change, just a new wrestler in place of someone.
Posted By: no_fluke

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/26/09 10:20 PM

I would like to say Thanks KWCA for asking my station (KQNK) and my self (Fig Millan)to broadcast the Senior Classic,the station and and myself and all of our sponsors that bring broadcasts like these are excited to bring this to not only fans of Bluejay sports but for the fans of wrestling through out Kansas and via the world wide web.
Coach Johnson had mention that we would start at 6:30, talking with the station manager, he suggested the we start at 6:00 in order to get as many interviews as possible,so wrestlers,coaches and supporters of this event be on guard, brush up on your bios and think who you would like to say thank you too. My assistant Rick Green will be out and about during warm up finding people to interview.
Hope you can join us Friday night, but if you can not be at this exciting event, remember that you can hear us on the web at www.kqnk.com
Posted By: bockman

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 12:18 AM

is there going to be a chance that someone will be taping this event and like to sell cd's of this event. i would be interested in buying one if the funds go to the right thing like the freestyle club or maybe for a scholarship or something. scholarship would be awesome for one of those kids wrestling somewhere here in kansas. just a thought.
Posted By: ThebigKO

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 02:25 AM

I thought the idea of this dual was to put the best big school seniors vs the best small school seniors correct. So I guess the person who should be upset about the 112 no match should be jack wenzel if hes the best 5a,6a has he should be wrestling kenneth or alan. because like its been said its big vs small
Posted By: Coach Alley

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 04:26 PM

We have decided not to come up today due to the weather. As a result this will cancel the match between Chris Watson and Ty Caldwell. I visited with Chris's father a few minutes ago and felt this was the best decision even though we hated to miss the matches.

I have contacted Coach Means and left a message for Tyler at Goddard High School to tell them in advance. I also volunteered to see if I could get Andover Central High School for a site to host the duel in a couple of weeks if they wanted to postpone it tonight.

Terry Alley
Andover Central High School
Posted By: flamingo

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 05:05 PM

by any chance is the classic going to be televised? looking like i might miss the epic match between napier and maple.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 05:08 PM

on the good chance that it wont be televised, is anyone planning on video recording the event?

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 05:10 PM

I am at the Expocentre! Roads in Eastern Kansas were cautiously driveable.

Too bad some of our anticipation might have to be drizzled out!
Posted By: GregMann

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 05:10 PM

on page #3 of this thread:

"All -

The Kansas Wrestling Coaches Association is planning to put together a narrated DVD of both the East Kansas Senior Classic and the 2009 Big School/Small School Senior Classic!!

Randy Hinderliter will be the PA man for East Kansas Senior Classic!! Legendary Radio Man Fig Millan will be providing the commentary for the KWCA Big School/Small School Senior Classic. These will be some great matches to watch and it will be great to hear the commentary being provided for these great match-ups!

The cost of the DVD will be $20 from the KWCA and this includes shipping. The profit from these DVD sales will go to the KWCA Scholarship Fund to support our 7 state college wrestling programs!

We will have the order form on the KWCA Web Site by the weekend, and we will also have copies at the events. Check out www.kansaswrestling.org by the weekend to get your order form, complete it and mail it to me at the address on the form.

Thanks for supporting the KWCA as we work to promote wrestling at ALL LEVELS from youth wrestling, to middle school wrestling, to high school wrestling, and finally up to Kansas College Programs and Kansas Wrestlers in College!

Doug Vander Linden
KWCA Treasurer"
Posted By: ROBERT M. GONZALES

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 05:28 PM

The Senior Classic tonight is not canceled. We wil have the dual as scheduled. I talked with James Stout he is Topeka and we will match up the wrestlers who do arrive. I know some cannot make the trip. CJ is eight outside Topeka I just spoke to his Father, Todd Napier. I just visited with Mike Church and he not sure about The Maple family . They are schedule to leave at 2 p.m. this afternoon and IF they cannot travel Mike Church will make a post. Caldwell has been notified that Watson is not able to attend. I am leaving for Topeka at 2 p.m. So I will not have access to the internet. I hope this helps We will have our event tonight. Please drive safe RMG
Posted By: Coach Venegas

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 06:06 PM

As of now i cant figure it out! What is the weather doing from olathe to topeka? if somone has made the trip please let me know i would love to come see this event, but wont if wether is questionable
Posted By: Falcon Grappler

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 06:06 PM

KENDRIC MAPLE WILL BE THERE! HE IS LEAVING NOW! IF I CAN'T GET ON THE ROAD AFTER SCHOOL I WISH YOU ALL THE GREAT LUCK.

CHURCH
Posted By: Steinle

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 06:08 PM

I just called the KDOT line, and they said I-70 was mostly snowpacked between I-435 and Topeka.
Posted By: coachp

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 06:46 PM

Roger Windham and Alex Feldkamp left at 11.30. They will be there.
Posted By: Coach Venegas

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 07:55 PM

watson shoulod get in the car with maple! can that be arranged sure would love to see him get his match
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 08:01 PM

I arrived in Topeka from the Wichita area at 3:15 P.M.

When I left Wichita there was sleet and freezing rain. The turnpike was slushy up to Emporia. Once North of Emporia there was no slush and travel was normal.
Posted By: Steinle

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 08:24 PM

Roads are okay from Topeka to KC. Wrestlers starting to filter in to Landon Arena at this moment.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 08:26 PM

... and a bunch or the Seniors are showing up!
Posted By: mustangcat

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 09:55 PM

who is there, who isn't?
Posted By: chewie

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:11 PM

I'm not there.
Posted By: powercat1

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:14 PM

Me either.....Dang it!!!
Posted By: church

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:18 PM

Im depressed!
Posted By: djackson

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:25 PM

I sent my buddy with my video camera and told him to get em all. So I will post em as I get em done Monday after work.
Posted By: All Sports

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:30 PM

I'm depressed cause I'm not there and I can not get the link to work. Thought it was www.KQNK.com but mine says the link is broke. What a wonderful day. NOT

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:31 PM

I cant get it work either

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:34 PM

Caldwell, Furches, and Peters are no shows.

Alan Callahan, Travis Rempe are late replacements and Devin Frye has stepped up and will wrestle twice!

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:43 PM

I thought Watson was a no show first, therefore, Caldwell probably decided not to go.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:44 PM

Randy,
Are you going to do updates match by match?

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:47 PM

I called the radio station and he is trying to get it fixed. Bum deal
Posted By: All Sports

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:49 PM

I sent an e-mail but you did better by calling. Thanks
Hope they can get it fixed.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 10:51 PM

is there anyway i can watch or listen to the duals online

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 11:07 PM

kqnk is DOWN!!!! i am MAD. i want a dq certificate

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 11:33 PM

#125 Lawrence over Fry 4-3

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 11:46 PM

do you have the previous match-ups? keep me posted djackson!!!

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 11:51 PM

Weigel over Wilson 4-2
Windam won by fall over Cole
Big schools up 9-3
Posted By: Jeremy Molloy

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/27/09 11:56 PM

Vesta by fall over Callahan

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:07 AM

Cox over Geist 3-0
Big up 18-3

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: flamingo
kqnk is DOWN!!!! i am MAD. i want a dq certificate

Roger that man! Oh well, we don't want to have the entitlement syndrome. But, yeah. I'm bumming to.

I'm sure they would have if they could have . . . I doubt it was their intent to p--- us off.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:09 AM

I'm having the radio station give me updates.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:10 AM

Maple wins 3-1 with a takedown with 4 seconds to go!

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:11 AM

Maple 3-1

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:20 AM

Tovar over Bainter I.D.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:24 AM

Sorry Hewitt not Bainter. This is coming from text I get.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:25 AM

Peoples over Bainter

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:28 AM

The updates are much appreciated! Thank you very much and please keep them coming!
Posted By: John Lynch

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:37 AM

anybody got the peoples vs bainter score?

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:38 AM

Jesseph over Dikin

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:41 AM

Jesseph beat Dikin 3-1... Sorry Jeremy just wanted to leave a score...

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 12:46 AM

No problem, I didnt know. Just what I got text. I think Peoples Bainter match 4-3. Means over Spangler dont know score

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:01 AM

crank over rempe 6-4

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:11 AM

Fullbright wins 8-1

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:13 AM

Maple and Napier? Coming up? Not happening? Thanks.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:18 AM

when is Sawyer Krone Beloit vs Nate Davis Liberal up
Posted By: J Murdock

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:19 AM

Maple won 3-1 takedown late in the 3rd.
Congrats Kendric.
TOHK!

Jason Murdock

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:20 AM

Maple 3 Napier 1

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:20 AM

WOW! Thanks.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:22 AM

Caldwell over Wuthnow 12-4

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:30 AM

dont know about the last post sorry not sure from text i got

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:34 AM

Feldkamp loses 2-5

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:52 AM

Davis over Krone 6-1

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:56 AM

Kyler by fall

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 01:59 AM

Beard losses by fall
Posted By: wrestleu

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 02:06 AM

What about Bortz/West? No shows??

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 02:07 AM

rose over frye

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 02:09 AM

Beard also bumped up a weight. Not sure what Kriss wieghs but good for Beard to bump and take the challenge.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 02:34 AM

This should have been on tv not ku punkin ball

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 03:47 AM

Whew ... home now! And of course it was my bad, Watson was a no-show not Caldwell!!

Great matches tonight, 20 in all, 3-hours of wrestling!

Napier v Maple and Kriss v Beard were probably the highlights!!

I credit Coach Church and a few other Metro area coaches for offering practices and having their athletes active and in mat shape! It definitely showed!!

I can't wait till next week!
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 04:26 AM

Tanner Kriss is only 200lbs walking weight, so in reality the 215/189 split was probably a moot point... they both probably were about the same weight regardless... either way, it was a good match and I was glad to see the small schools pull out at least one more win on the night
Posted By: RJW1

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: wrestleu
What about Bortz/West? No shows??

Bortz won. I think the score was 3-1.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 05:18 AM

[quote=Jeremy Molloy]Beard also bumped up a weight. Not sure what Kriss wieghs but good for Beard to bump and take the challenge. [/quotl

kriss didnt cut to get to get 215. so they were pretty close to the same weight. i cried a bit because i had to miss this event. and i still want that dq token!!!
Posted By: Gary Ulmer

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/28/09 03:38 PM

The kids who wrestled did do a great job in terms of getting there through the weather and preparing to wrestle some times a different opponent then they had been planning for, or for some to wrestle at all.

The KWCA Board Members did a wonderful job not just in the operation of a meet that is more complicated than it appears, but also undoubtedly did some scrambling as the weather situation changed throughout the day.

Thank you all, wrestlers and the KWCA Board, for putting on a fun and entertaining sporting event yesterday evening.

Gary Ulmer
Posted By: bbd

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/29/09 01:22 PM

Did the kids not have access to a locker room? I witnessed one particular individual on the West team strip down to his underwear after his match and change clothes right there next to where the West team was sitting. Very distasteful and disrespectful in my opinion.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/30/09 01:34 AM

did anybody film this
Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/30/09 01:57 AM

I saw one wrestler from the big schools and one from the small schools drop trow in the middle of the Expo to put on their civilian clothes. I could name names but prefer not to. However, next time go to the bathroom at the south entrance. There are little kids who watch this event no need to make it a PG-13 movie locker-room scene.
Posted By: Carl Hungus

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/30/09 05:06 PM

Feldkamp vs arnberger???????????
Posted By: RJW1

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/30/09 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Carl Hungus
Feldkamp vs arnberger???????????

Arnberger won 5-2. Arnberger had 2 takedowns and an escape and Feldkamp had 2 escapes.
Posted By: LancerLou

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/30/09 06:39 PM

I don't understand why this is an issue. They normally wear compression shorts or similar garment under their singlet. How is this any more revealing than walking around in a singlet with the straps down which most high schoolers do immediately after stepping off the mat.

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/31/09 12:36 AM

is any of this duals going to be on youtube or anything like that
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/31/09 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Chewbac
is any of this duals going to be on youtube or anything like that

A DVD will be available for purchase from the KWCA for $20.00

2009 Senior Classic DVD Order Form - PDF

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 03/31/09 12:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-Su82pn2A
Heres one
Posted By: XGHSWC

Re: KWCA Senior Classic Line-ups - 04/06/09 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Bronco Wrestler
Tanner Kriss is only 200lbs walking weight, so in reality the 215/189 split was probably a moot point... they both probably were about the same weight regardless... either way, it was a good match and I was glad to see the small schools pull out at least one more win on the night

[quote=flamingo][quote=Jeremy Molloy]Beard also bumped up a weight. Not sure what Kriss wieghs but good for Beard to bump and take the challenge. [/quotl

kriss didnt cut to get to get 215. so they were pretty close to the same weight. i cried a bit because i had to miss this event. and i still want that dq token!!!

Not true. Beard is not even a legit 189 pounder let alone a 215 pounder. Beard is a legit 171 pounder. I would say that there was a weight difference that night and that would have an effect on someone especially if they were on their back underneath someone. But props to Kriss. He is a stud and proved it then. I also do believe that Beard should have gotten a takedown with Kriss on his back. That would have definately changed things. I also believe that if they wrestled 10 times, Beard would win the majority but again, I can take nothing away from Kriss. He did what he had to do that night to win the match. I am not hating. Both are bad dudes.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums