Kansas Wrestling

Next Year

Posted By: Stand Up King

Next Year - 04/08/09 01:42 PM

Really dont know if anyone has already posted a topic such as this but Ive been wondering what people thought about what individuals and teams will be forces in the 2009-2010 wrestling season. I just like to hear the debate.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Next Year - 04/08/09 02:14 PM

Colt Rogers is, I believe, the ONLY wrestler going for his 4th title.
Posted By: badbo

Re: Next Year - 04/08/09 03:29 PM

Lansing might be decent in 5a next year. 7 state placers back.
Posted By: Husker Fan

Re: Next Year - 04/09/09 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: badbo

Of those 7 state placers coming back there are 3 state champions, a 3rd and a 4th placer. I would say they are going to be a dominant team next year and would have to be the preseason state team favorite.
Posted By: XGHSWC

Re: Next Year - 04/09/09 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Husker Fan
Originally Posted By: badbo

Of those 7 state placers coming back there are 3 state champions, a 3rd and a 4th placer. I would say they are going to be a dominant team next year and would have to be the preseason state team favorite.

Overall "state team favorite", or just 5A?

How does Goddard, Emporia, Colby, Derby, Clay Center, Carroll size up?

Re: Next Year - 04/09/09 06:50 PM

I was just saying that I think Lansing will be the 5A favorite. I think Emporia will be tough again too and could give them a run for their money. It is always difficult to count Carroll out of the title run. I am not sure what they have coming in their freshman class but they are losing their two state champions to graduation and actually only have one returning state placer next year.

I was not trying to compare next year's Lansing team to the non 5A teams like the ones you mentioned (Goddard, Colby, Derby, Clay Center). Those are all very good teams though. I would think though that next year's Lansing team would be one of the highest ranked Kansas teams in an All Class team ranking.
Posted By: XGHSWC

Re: Next Year - 04/09/09 09:00 PM

I am not disagreeing with you Husker Fan. They may indeed be the best of the best. I was just interested in your input or anyone elses on the other teams mentioned and where they might "size up". It is an intriguing topic to me.
Posted By: badbo

Re: Next Year - 04/09/09 09:36 PM

Clay Center! and What does Colby have back? They should still be very tough too.
Posted By: moeder

Re: Next Year - 04/10/09 09:03 PM

Colby still has quality returners:
K. Kriss - State Placer
N. Reed - State Placer
A. Weber - State Placer
A. Flanigan - State Qualifier
D. Snyder - State Qualifier
D. Baumfalk - Returning Varsity
B. Schroeder - Returning Varsity
E. Stickel - Retruning Varsity
Very quality kids to fill varsity spots:
Torey Taylor, Kaylen Rasmussen, Michael Tubbs
Freshman Dustin Reed will be a ranked wrestler at 103 in my opinon.
I'm sure there are more, just what I could think of initially.
Posted By: EMPhwt

Re: Next Year - 04/14/09 11:30 PM

Next year will be another interesting season. Husker fan...i have a lot of respect for you as of last season when i wasn't too well known you would be one of the few who noticed me. just wanna say thanks.

Re: Next Year - 04/15/09 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: EMPhwt
Next year will be another interesting season. Husker fan...i have a lot of respect for you as of last season when i wasn't too well known you would be one of the few who noticed me. just wanna say thanks.

You are very welcome, Lorenzo Serna. Congratulations on your 5A 285 State Championship. You made my pre-season prediction of you as a serious contender to win 285 5A state look very good. You really did a great job and I know all the Emporia fans are very proud of you and the season you had. Best of luck to you next year in your senior year and hopefully after next season in college athletics.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums