Kansas Wrestling

wrestling regionals

Posted By: Packerholic492

wrestling regionals - 02/18/12 02:26 AM

All this technology and we can't even browse the brackets to see how everyone is doing.
Posted By: powercat1

Re: wrestling regionals - 02/18/12 02:31 AM

It has nothing to do with technology, and everything to do with people not using Track wrestling.
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: wrestling regionals - 02/18/12 02:37 AM

Honestly it has to do everything with technology or lack of technology with TheWrestlingTournament.com. what a joke for a web host. I thought track wrestling had issues when it first came out. This site is brutal. I am pretty sure my refresh button is wore out.
Posted By: Holliday Hays

Re: wrestling regionals - 02/18/12 03:02 AM

Guys, calm down. It's ONLY regionals.
Posted By: Holliday Hays

Re: wrestling regionals - 02/18/12 03:02 AM

That was sarcasm, for those of you who don't get sarcasm
Posted By: mom4

Re: wrestling regionals - 02/18/12 02:03 PM

Nice thing about TrackWrestling is that as soon as you put in a bout, it will show up on the website. With this system that we have to use, you have to wait until you have time to update to the website which not only slows down when you can post but also the website.

Also, it makes me really nervous that with this system, you can only have it on one computer. With track wrestling, you can have multiple computers going at the same time. You can even go paperless and just have a laptop at each of the tables and enter the scores right there.....quicker and less people who have to work.

That is one reason why at the Chapman tournament, we decided to try to also download the results as a PDF and put them right on our website so people don't have to go to the official site. But again, you have to have time between to do it.
Posted By: go4dapin

Re: wrestling regionals - 02/18/12 03:40 PM

Sooooo, is there anywhere to see the Russell regional results? The site keeps saying it is down due to maintenance or capacity issues.
Posted By: wrestling67

Re: wrestling regionals - 02/18/12 07:00 PM

This is not new news, there are always excuses as to why its not posted! It should be a standing rule that if you cannot show proof that you WILL have it updated and posted prior to bidding on the regionals as a host, you don't get it!!! Not everyone can get off to go, and its VERY UNEXCEPTABLE to not have it posted.
Posted By: powercat1

Re: wrestling regionals - 02/18/12 08:25 PM

TRACKWRESTLING SHOULD BE MANDATORY. PERIOD.
Posted By: go4dapin

Re: wrestling regionals - 02/18/12 11:51 PM

I see that "The Wrestling Tourney" software retails for $129.95. Whoever paid money for this program got taken and should demand a refund. If it isn't related to the software and is an issue of the server, then shame on whoever is hosting the site. There is no excuse. They should know that there would be LOTS of hits because people want to know how their wrestlers are doing, especially when you are unable to be there in person. This is ^&*%$*)( RIDICULOUS!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums